changing a persons mother

+5 votes
got the last name of my grandmother wrong. and therefore her parents. i changed the father (changed to Gillilan-37) but can't seem to change the mother to the proper person (Smith-39571). send a request to be on the trusted list for smith-39571. will the name of the mother change if and when i am allowed on the trusted lisrt?
WikiTree profile: Mayme Holenstein
in WikiTree Help by Joe Rardin G2G3 (3.6k points)

2 Answers

+4 votes
So are you saying the mother's name is not Smith?  Or that Smith-39571 is the wrong mother?  Changes occur when someone makes them.  If you get on the trusted list you can make the changes.  Otherwise, you can as the profile manager to make the changes.  You should have good sources for any changes you want made.
by Lucy Selvaggio-Diaz G2G6 Pilot (877k points)
+3 votes
There is a duplicate of Mayme Gillilan. - the Mayme married Rardin. - the Mayme with unknown marriage, green locked like her mother.

They should be merged into Gillilan-27. Because of the green lock, the other profile manager needs to be the one completing the merge. I think she will respond to a request quite promptly; I have collaborated with her quite a lot on merges.
by Eva Ekeblad G2G6 Pilot (591k points)

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer
+6 votes
1 answer
+16 votes
2 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
125 views asked May 9, 2016 in WikiTree Tech by Bertram Sluys G2G6 Mach 3 (39.2k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright