1) a marriage record written by a justice of the peace of the state of Ohio transcribed as follows:
"The State of Ohio / I certify that I this day solemized the marriage of Samuel Harger & Hester Thrailkill.
Paulding County SS./ Witness my hand this 13th day of January A.D. 1859. Isaac Hardesty J.P."
2) a marriage record from Ohio transcribed as follows:
(License to Marry & Marriage record of Samuel Harger (Harrigarr) & Ellizabeth Wickerham. Found at Tiffin Ohio, Probate Building. Marriage records/ Seneca County, Book 2 1841-1846, pg 159)
"Samuel Harriga(n)rr and Elizabeth Wickerham
Licensed to Marry March 6th 1844 Charles F D??back Clerk by Sam Glover Dept Clerk
I do herby certify that Samuel Harrigarr & Ellizabeth Wickerham were joined in Marriage on the 13th May ?? 1844 by Isaac DeWitt J.P.behalf Duslack (?) Clerk by Itb Russell Dept Clerk"
3) Record of marriage in Paulding, Ohio for Samuel Harger and Hester Thrakill, on 13 January, 1859. (source: Jordan Dodd, Liahona Research. Ohio Marriages, 1803-1900)
4) I believe that he was likely born in Ohio, and not in Pennsylvania. Can I prove it? Not so far, but census records seem to indicate Ohio birthplace.
5) I believe Hester Thrailkill was previously married (thus the name Thrailkill)
6) A Civil War Draft Registration record has an entry that I believe is him. Has him as a farmer, living in Paulding, Ohio - age 43 (record from 1863)
In the 1880 US Federal Census, looks like Samuel Harger was 60, a widower, and living with three of his children. Samuel Jr., 17 - Hettie, 15 - George, 12.
What's most interesting to me is that they were living RIGHT NEXT DOOR to another "Harger" family (possibly a son from his first marriage, given that the person next door - Joseph Harger - was born in 1852, DURING Samuel's first marriage)
The next-door family is as follows:
Head: Joseph Harger
Wife: Ellen Harger (nee?)
Children: Rosa Harger, John Harger, Albert Harger, Cintha or Ceritha? Harger