Let me introduce myself. My name is Judith Lee (Flamer) Hendricks Bramlage. I am new to WikiTree, but not to genealogy. I have spent the last 20-30 years working on the Rowley Research website (http://www.RowleyResearch.org
) Which I inherited from Ernst Spencer and Tedd Rowley and which documents about 35 Rowleys of different spellings who arrived before 1870 and identified another 100 more who are documented as arriving prior to the 1880 U.S. Population Census. All have descendants listed as much as I have been able to document. Most are only themselves and their direct children, but some are much more extensive, such as Henry Rowley of Plymouth who has approximately 100,000 descendants. I have just recently add DNA to my studies and have identified Henry's DNA via 8 descendants who documented their descendancy. These are documented on FamilyTreeDNA and Geni.com in the Rowley Projects on both sites which I am Administrator and Collaborator, respectively. I am trying to document the different Rowley branches on both sites and adding more from around the world.
I have two problems in getting Y-DNA over from FamilyTreeDNA, and I need your help. A long while ago, I asked a second Rowley cousin for his DNA and he gladly provided it, but I don't remember which one, and two of the three I could have asked have since died. And I don't have a contact number for the third one. What do I do? I also have ownership of my brother's DNA on FamilyTreeDNA (which is not Rowley but Flamer), but he is a missionary in Mexico and often travels to Guatamala. I'm not sure I could reach him. How could I get his DNA over also? For him I have Y-DNA and autosominal DNA.
I am retired as a computer programmer specializing in computer security and auditing. I now, in addition to genealogy, work on needlepointing tapestries. I just finished two small ones and one 23x23 inches. The big one I working on is 3x5 feet and should be finished in a few months. I've been working on all four since about 1993, but put them away for many years. It's only been the last year and half or so that I started working on them again. In the main they are copies of tapestries held at the Cloisters where the series is called The Lady and The Unicorn. I have four more to do when these are done, one 5x6 feet and the rest 2x3 feet. I would like to do the big one next, but don't have a loom big enough to hold it. So that's the first thing on that I need to solve.
As long as I can, solving problems is what I will do. I will attach photos as soon as I figure out how.