I have traced my Fathers side of the family back as far as the French Huguenots - Philippe Des Pres youngest son of Hercules and Cecilia, very happy about that. I am stumped on the last 150 on the current (living) side.
Me and my Father (who is still living) no problem. But my dad has no idea who his grand-parents were. So this is what I know for now:
Grand-father Wouter Johannes Du Preez 1901-1982
Great Grand Father we think was Jacobus Johannes 1862-1948
married to Maria Elizabeth du Toit 1876-1913
Not sure if this was the first or second wife as there were two set of children. Have no clue who the other wife was, which is very frustrating.
Children born of which my Grand-father was one of them. the first 5 were from one mother and the last 3 were from the other :
- Sarah (we think was Susarah Isabella)
- Poenie (we think was Pieter Hendrik)
- Gerrie (we think may have been a Gerhadus)
- Wouter Johannes - My grandfather know as Pierre
- Koosie ( we think may have been Jacobus)
- Myda or Maida
They lived in Warrenton in the Cape.