Yes, it turned out that the problem was only in my head.
Sometimes when I add Maori names that have a space in them like say
Te Hauwhakaheke, wiki trees will say, there's something wrong with the name, or more specifically it appears that you have put a middle name in. So I ended up writing her name like so Te-Hauwhakaheke
Then I saw someone tag La Maitre, but they had "LA" and "MAITRE" separately, and so I got it in my head, that it may be the same as when I put Maori names in that have the prefix "TE".
But then, I thought well I should at least try it and see what happens... and I did, and it worked. Sorry, I'm new, and there is so much to learn, it gets a tad overwhelming.