Du Preez 1672 Wouter Johannes
The above is my Grand-father on my father's side. My Father has no idea who his grand-parents were. So this is what I know for now:
Grand-father Wouter Johannes Du Preez 1901-1982
Great Grand Father we think/might be Jacobus Johannes 1862-1948 (this is a BIG MIGHT)
married to Maria Elizabeth du Toit 1876-1913 (according to a few Genealogy, however I have no actual proof ie marriage certificate or death certificates.
Not sure if this was the first or second wife as there were two sets of children. Have no clue who the other wife was, which is very frustrating.
Children born of which my Grand-father was one of them. the first 5 were from one mother and the last 3 were from the other :
- Sarah (we think was Susarah Isabella)
- Poenie (we think was Pieter Hendrik)
- Gerrie (we think may have been a Gerhadus)
- Wouter Johannes - My grandfather know as Pierre
- Koosie ( we think may have been Jacobus)
- Myda or Maida
They lived in Warrenton in the Cape.