Trying to find the marriage of Exilda Labossiere to Joseph Cartier. Exilda aka. Eliza, Esilda, Desila, Rosilda, Zelina, and possibily more. Seemed to change with each record. Was Desilda with most children, then Exilda for the last child and seemed to use Exilda in later life.
They were likely married in early 1853 or earlier at or around St-David or St-Francois-du-Lac, Bas-Canada. Cannot find her baptism as too many similar names.
Their known children were:
1. Philomene Cartier, baptized Oct.13, 1854 at St-Francois-du-Lac.
2. Joseph Cartier, baptized Feb. 8, 1857 at St-David.
3. Rosilda Georgiana Cartier, baptized Feb. 25, 1864 at St-David.
4. Delia Rose-de-Lima Cartier, baptized Aug. 14, 1866 at St-David.
5. Alma Joseph Cartier, baptized May 26, 1868 at St-David.
6. Olivine Marie Cartier, baptized July 8, 1870 at St-David.
7. Gilbert Daniel Joseph Cartier, baptized June 18, 1872 at St-David.
8. Roland Narcisse Joseph Cartier, baptized Nov. 15, 1874 at St-Pie-de-Guire.
9. Omer Aime Marie Cartier, baptized May 2, 1877 at St-Pie-de-Guire.
All locations in Bas-Canada or Quebec after 1867.
The family emigrated to the United States about 1878 and Joseph and his wife Exilda Labossiere lived out their lives in Putnam, CT. Joseph died at Putnam on Nov. 19, 1917, aged about 88 years and was buried there at St. Mry Cemetery. Exilda died at Putnam on April 28, 1919 aged about 79 years. She is also buried at St. Mary Cemetery, Putnam.
Using BMS2000 and PRDH, I cannot find any marriage for a Labossiere to a Cartier in the correct time frame. Thank you in advance for any help.