Enlistment records

+6 votes
Can anyone tell me how to find enlistment records for Polish army  for 1939
in WikiTree Help by Toni Spearpoint G2G Crew (610 points)

 Polish Military Records:

The British Ministry of Defense is the official custodian of all Polish military records from 1939-1946. They have almost all records of all Polish soldiers who have served under the British Command. Only relatives and the soldiers can obtain a copy of these records in the English language. Replies are usually within 30 days. Be sure to include your relationship with the soldier, or a soldiers document and give as much information as you can to help them search their files.

The MOD still gives free British medals to relatives and soldiers. Poland has stopped doing this in 2000 and as a result they are very rare and hard to find.

Write to:

Ministry of Defense
APC Disclosures 5 Polish
Building 28 B, RAF Northolt
West End Road
Ruislip, Middlesex, England., HA4 6NG

Eddie, you are just incredible! I think you have access to some university or Department of Defence super-computer.
Thank-you for your help.Now I have a place to start the search
Hi Pip. I am the X-Treme Kong. I have powers and abilities unimaginable to you human beans

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

+2 votes
0 answers
+1 vote
1 answer
270 views asked May 10, 2023 in Genealogy Help by Michael Higgins G2G Rookie (240 points)
+6 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
207 views asked Feb 20, 2023 in Genealogy Help by Nancy Freeman G2G6 Mach 3 (38.2k points)
+8 votes
2 answers
100 views asked Sep 18, 2020 in Photos by M Ross G2G6 Pilot (787k points)
+1 vote
1 answer
114 views asked Sep 7, 2019 in Genealogy Help by Pam Smith G2G6 Mach 1 (12.3k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright