Look-up at Surrey Heritage, Woking, Surrey, England please?

+2 votes
Recently saw great-aunt's marriage certificate stating her father's occupation. Curious as to if this was true, and also if true, if more information is to be found in a work record kept at this facility. I would be so grateful if anyone going to the Woking Heritage Center could look for me.

If interested in doing this, please reply and I'll give name, the name of the records, and what I'm hoping to discover.

Thanks in anticipation!
in Genealogy Help by Patty Keffer G2G6 Mach 1 (14.0k points)
Have you checked her father to census records to see if they show the same occupation for him? It might be easier for folks to help you if you posted the name and occupation and why you have your doubts.
The reason I haven't given any more info is that I don't want several people to spend their time on this. He disappeared from the workhouse, his mother and another relative were being taken to court for his keep while there, and I haven't found him in the 1911 Census. My grandmother's marriage certificate says "deceased", her sister's says "asylum attendant deceased". My grandmother was also an "asylum attendant" and I thought maybe he was at the same hospital. A shot in the dark only.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

+3 votes
2 answers
+1 vote
2 answers
61 views asked Dec 16, 2020 in The Tree House by Robert Jarrett G2G Crew (410 points)
0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
0 answers
+3 votes
2 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright