This month's theme will be profiles for people born in the month of July.
Biography Builders Goal: To make profiles as complete as possible with well-written biographies and sources. You should research as much as you can find on a person, writing the information onto the profiles to create as complete a life story as you can for that person. Sourcing should be full citations. This includes adding categories and links to events and people connected to that profile and citing all those additions. See the first month for examples of how to participate.
Here's our checklist:
- birth date/place
- names of parents
- marriage date/place and spouse name
- death date/place
- Written (full) sentences stating the facts above, adding inline sources to each fact.
- Is the profile '''Genealogically Defined?'''
- As a general rule biographies should be in your own words. Paraphrase and rewrite, don't copy/paste.
- Baptism, burial, military, and other life events with inline sources.
- Something to "humanize" the person, such as career or avocation with sources.
- List of children with at least one pertinent fact.
- One of the suggestions was siblings. I think this takes up real estate.
- Explanatory remarks, if needed (e.g. disputed persons information, Research Notes, whatever needs extra explaining).
- Photos or pictures, background. Not a must, but nice (you need to own the copyright unless they are in the public domain).
- Connection to the Global Tree.
- All duplicates merged or initiated.
- Links to persons and events, perhaps from Wikipedia.
- Historical context as related to the person's life.
- Sources, Sources, Sources.
You can see some ideas on where to find some of this information on the Biography Builders space page, linked below.
Use "comments" below to ask questions.
NOTE: Biography Builders will not show on the tracker. Please add a list to your answer.
WikiTree profile: Space:Biography_Builders