can't find form for unresponsive member

+2 votes
I have looked and looked for the unresponsive member link that is said to be at the bottom of [[Jackson-14881|Tom Jackson's family tree & tools page but I sure cannot find it.  Am I blind or does this need to be in a more prominent place?  I do notice that other's have had to ask the same question.  I am not interested in working on his family; but he is the manager for the Jackson One Name Project and has not worked on that since he created it in February and he does not respond to msgs on that page or to direct emails.  Please help me find that page to list him as unresponsive.
WikiTree profile: Tom Jackson
in WikiTree Help by Janie Kimble G2G6 Mach 2 (28.4k points)
retagged by Ellen Smith

2 Answers

+6 votes
Best answer
by Pip Sheppard G2G Astronaut (2.8m points)
selected by Gaile Connolly
Janie, I looked for the link on Tom's profile, too, and could not find it anywhere.  I am guessing that it is only available on profiles of non-members, perhaps because it would not make sense for someone to be asking for edit privileges on a member's own profile.

The link Pip gave leads to the help page all about unresponsive managers and does include a link to the form that you would file to report one, so you will be able to do it from there, but you will have to make a change in the address window of the form that you get to put the WikiTree ID of the person you are reporting in there so that the form shows the right person - it will show an incorrect person when you first display it.  I know, I know ... it's confusing, but that's just the way it is.
+6 votes
The form is on the profile that you are working on, not on the person you are finding unresponsive. Choose the tab for Family Tree & Tools. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. It is the last option that you will see.
by Lynda Crackett G2G6 Pilot (685k points)

Still a problem because this page for Jackson Name Study was apparently set up as a Free Space and there is NO tab for Family Tree and Tools and no page for Contact Info nor Unresponsive member.  I've tried messaging on the page and direct emails but no response.  I'm wondering now if the [] should have been set up as a Free Space.  The only info on this page is info I put on there out of pure frustration - and I was surprised the system allowed me to do that.  I shouldn't be able to go in and take over a project he manages or rather he ignores.  Can someone tell me if this One Name Study is set up right; and if not, what to do about it.

Related questions

+3 votes
1 answer
+11 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
+5 votes
1 answer
200 views asked Jun 29, 2023 in Policy and Style by JD Venable G2G6 (8.0k points)
+6 votes
3 answers
420 views asked Dec 28, 2022 in WikiTree Help by Rebecca Haskins G2G6 Mach 2 (22.6k points)
+10 votes
2 answers
+7 votes
2 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright