Adding my grandma to my tree

+6 votes
Someone else already added my grandma to this site. I want to add her to my tree, but the person that added her has not responded to my Trusted List request.

Is there a way to connect her information to my tree without the other person’s Trusted List approval or is there something else I can do?
WikiTree profile: Mary Bennett
in WikiTree Help by Josh Tucker G2G Crew (350 points)
retagged by Josh Tucker

3 Answers

+8 votes
Best answer
I can see that the PM has not been active since 2015 so he may have left Wikitree - in which case you MAY be able to write to the Wikitree admins to request faster processing - but I will leave the admins to make that decision.
by Robynne Lozier G2G Astronaut (1.3m points)
selected by Dorothy Barry
There you go Josh. Dorothy is a senior person here at Wikitree and you have the email needed to contact the admins and ask.

Just be aware that we are all volunteers and many of us have "Day jobs" as well, so it MAY be a few days for them to get back to you.

One last thing - I would suggest that you paste the link to this question into your email so that the admins can read this thread and understand everything before making a decision.

Its not just the trusted list issue, there is also the privacy issue as well.

Your grandmothers profile should have been OPENED because most profiles that have DOD's are now usually open.
+8 votes

Take this profile number of your grandmother Stoner-385 and add it to your mother's profile (or father if that is the chain). You do that by going to your parent's page and where it says edit family add mother, click on, than follow:

A.) If the mother has an existing WikiTree profile Help enter their WikiTree ID here:   

by Dorothy Barry G2G Astronaut (2.8m points)
Would that still work for a PUBLIC green privacy profile Dorothy?

If Josh is not on the trusted list then he cannot change anything.

Shouldnt this have ben opened after GDPR since there is a Death date?
You are right Robynne, guess she will have to contact and tell them the situation.
Even if the DOD hasn't been long enough to automatically make it required to be open-

The fact that whoever created her profile listed her as a male should be enough by itself to get the profile opened and immediately corrected.
+4 votes

You just need to go through the unresponsive manager request process.

Put a note on the profile.  Send a note to the PM.  Give it an appropriate amount of time for the PM to respond.  If he doesn't respond, use the Unresponsive Profile Manager Request form found under Family Tree &Tools tab.  The profile will usually be then opened in about a day.

The PM is your second cousin.  If he doesn't respond to your overtures I would also ask that her parents be opened so that they can be adopted by an active manager (you).

by Joe Cochoit G2G6 Pilot (264k points)

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers
+8 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
+7 votes
2 answers
+5 votes
1 answer
196 views asked Jun 29, 2023 in Policy and Style by JD Venable G2G6 (8.0k points)
+6 votes
3 answers
413 views asked Dec 28, 2022 in WikiTree Help by Rebecca Haskins G2G6 Mach 2 (22.5k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright