This month's theme will be profiles for Great-Great-Great-Grandparents.
We all have 32 great great great grandparents. Our significant others have 32 great great grandparents. This month's theme will be profiles for our own great great great grandparents. How many of the possible 64 can you do?
Biography Builders Goal: To make profiles as complete as possible with well-written biographies and sources. You should research as much as you can find on a person, writing the information onto the profiles to create as complete a life story as you can for that person. Sourcing should be full citations. This includes adding categories and links to events and people connected to that profile and citing all those additions. See the first month for examples of how to participate.
Here's our checklist:
You can see some ideas on where to find some of this information on the Biography Builders space page, linked below.
Use "comments" below to ask questions.
NOTE: Biography Builders will not show on the tracker. Please add a list to your answer.
WikiTree profile: Space:Biography_Builders
Anything is possible
Update: Anonymous Helderman, we are 18th cousins four times removed, according to the WikiTree Relationship Finder, though no Coons, Coonce, Counce, Kuntz are on the list of ancestors.
New month again?
I think I have pretty comprehensive Bios for all of my great great great grandparents, so I will probably work on my children's paternal great great great grandparents.
1) Alfred Morris
2) Harriet Ann Diplock
3) George Miles found a great source for information for George.
4) David Joseph "Tinker" Thompson Done as much as I can on this one
5) William Henry Smith
6) Kate Budd
7) James Crawford Wallace - also added DNA information, added parent's profiles and adding brother's line
8) Emily Annie Perry
9) Charles Linington
10) Ellen Mitchell
11) Alfred Driver
12) Alice Teague
13) Thomas Cousins
14) Emily Watson Took a while to figure out her children!
15) Francis Alfred Turner
16) Kate Farrow
17) John Hayes
18) Mary Ann Coomes
19) James Cox An interesting character who had no children by his first wife of 40 years, then married his servant 40 years his junior and went on to have 8 children in his riper years!
20) Hester Jane White
21) Thomas Smith
22) Sarah Scarth
23) Robert Samuel Claxton
24) Christiana Watling
25) James Stephen Roye
26) Susannah Hopper
27) Annie Hill I'm still trying to fathom out her true parentage - a bit of a puzzle at the moment - finally found her baptism - corrected last name to Powell - now have a copy of her birth confirming she was born as Ann Powell.
Having completed the basic biographies, I will go back to each profile and see if I can add any DNA data
Still 3 weeks to go, I''m going to have to expand my remit - so I'll do my step-3x great grandparents next.
just double checking my own 3x great grandparents first
28) George Smith Tabulated census data and added links to census. Added categories
29) Rebecca Saunders Added census details with links, added research notes explaining how parents were determined in the absence of baptism. Added categories
30) John Munday Tabulated census details
31) Jane Robinson Tabulated census details
32) Charles Dennison Tabulated census details, added list of children, added death details and categories
33) Mary Elizabeth Brown Tabulated census details, added list of children
34) Ellen Nunn Finished added census and tabulated census details
35) John Johnson Finished added census and tabulated census details
36) Robert Owers Tabulated census and added categories
37) Sarah Green Finished tabulating census details, added categories
38) Thomas Curnick Finished tabulating census - added description of the area where he grew up and lived at the time. Added Autosomal DNA match data
39) Lavinia Lucy Lacy Finished adding census and tabulated. Added removal application details and categories
40) John Nott Tabulated census details - added sources for birth years of children
50) Ann Maria Pope Tabulated census details - added sources for birth years of children
51) Jane Harding Tabulated census details
52) Cuthbert Fenwick Tabulated census details
53) Dorothy Burn Tabulated census details
I am new and slow going. I feel like I am doing everything at once ie building my tree, writing bios, sourcing, learning my way around etc.
I only really have one thorough ggg, so far. This is a maternal one.
Incidentally I found that both sides of my family link to the Swanns in Virginia colony. And I am having a nightmare of sorting out similar names on ancestry. I fear I will never untangle all the knots and get it all sourced properly.
I'll give it a try!
I think I'll give this a go.
Of course the first profile (Désiré Morier) I picked to work on has at least 16 children to find sources for. Turns out I made a mistake and Désiré is actually my 4x great grandparent - oops!
1) Samuel Bailey - This is one of my favorite ancestors - he was in a train wreck and subsequently saved another train, witnessed an accidental shooting, and had his house burn down while he was away, probably at the Centennial Exhibition of 1876.
2) John Whitman - He still needs some work sourcing children, but the main biography is "built" to the extent that I am able.
3) Stephen Clement Eastman - I might have more to add, but bio has been created.
4) Samuel Estabrooks
5) Joseph Elie Morier
6) Arsène Descoteaux
7) Ferdinand Boutin
8) Pierre Couture - Orphaned at 9 years old, 16 children with some interesting names.
9) Louis Payant dit St. Onge - Still needs US Civil War service detailed out, but basic bio created.
10) Milo Lackie
11) John Quincy Amadon - Still needs work regarding US Civil War service, records for children are rather sparse at the moment - I know I have more info buried away somewhere.
51 Bios done! I created new bios (or expanded existing bios), added new inline sources and categories and, where needed, created and attached new profiles for the parents, siblings, and children (and all of their spouses) of my GGG Grandparents:
None of my husband's family was on Wikitree. I started working on them, but didn't get to a whole branch on his mom's side:
The following are not GGG grandparents (not part of this challenge), but I did significant work writing bios for them as well:
This week, I created the profiles of my 3GGP on my father's side. William Phillips (yesterday) and Sarah Ann Singmaster Phillips Vermillion (Monday, the 13th). Since working on this couple also involves their son-in-law, William T Phillips, I'll be working on the other pair of grandparents of Alonzo Summers, Charles Summers and Belinda (Kimberlin) Summers. There'll be an untangling of many families and marriages since there are several having two or three marriages apiece. I'm glad this is Biography Builders and not Biography Completers.
1. Belinda Kimberlin Summers.
2. Sarah Ann Singmaster Phillips Vermillion
3. William T Phillips
4. Charles William Summers
Mostly between Missouri and Iowa but each started from either Pennsylvania, Kentucky or Indiana or Missouri. Do you have any suggestions?
I'm starting by adding children/ sources for Alonzo Summers and then for his parents and grandparents.
6 of my GGGparents are already completed.
5 I'm just stuck.
8 are going to be close to impossible to complete as Prussian records are hard to find.
I'll work on the rest after I finish this one July Birthday profile that I started a day late (after I forgot to look at the calendar).
1) H- Adam "Kuntz" Counce-added new found info and references
2) W- Mary Elizabeth (Davis) Counce-completed bio add new found info and references
3) H-David Pringle-completed bio, added references (W completed last year)
4) H-Samuel Potter-completed bio, added references
5) W-Ruth Ann (Willis) Potter-completed bio, added references
6) H-Johann Johann B. Andres-added a little more to the bio but don't have any new references as noted in the note on the top. Update: changed death info, change note at the top, added research note in death section.
7) W-Helena (Friesen) Andres-added a little more to the bio but same problem as with husband (Russian/Ukraine records are hard to get): change date of death, location, change note at the top, change death part of bio.
I decided to take some time. and leave those Puritan Great Migration guys unanswered.
I'll work on some of my GGG Grandparents. I'll start with the Millard cousins. Timothy Millard, Sarah Millard, and Nancy Hicks all grandchildren of Samuel and Rebecca Henton Millard.
1. Timothy Millard (1811-bef 1870)
My third great grands have been sorely neglected! I completed a few of them in previous challenges, but there are a few others I hope to get to during this challenge.
I'd like to try this. To do: