Sir William, You're doing beautifully. I think the only remaining problem you have is in how you think about the image numbers. Apparently, you deleted a couple of images here and there in the middle of your uploading more images. The image files are named in sequence of when they are uploaded, starting with the profile ID, followed by a hyphen, then the sequential number, and finally ".jpg". There are a few differences from that pattern, however, when WikiTree assigns the file names:
- The first file does not have a sequential number - it's name is the profile ID followed by ".jpg"
- If you delete an image in the middle, and later upload more images, at some point when WikiTree has completed the deletion (which won't be for a couple of days), it will free up the number assigned to the original and then assign that to the next upload. Here is an example of how it might work:
- Suppose you upload Greene-2064.jpg, Greene-2064-1.jpg, Greene-2064-2.jpg, Greene-2064-3.jpg, and Greene-2064-4jpg.
- Let's say you now delete Greene-2064-2.jpg and upload 2 more images immediately after that. The new ones will be named Greene-2064-5.jpg, and Greene-2064-6.jpg.
- A few days later, you come back and upload another image. It will be assigned the name of Greene-2064-2.jpg, since that file name is now available.
I realize that this sounds crazy, but that's the way WikiTree does it - please don't hold me responsible for how their software works!
An entirely different set of default titles gets assigned to the images as you upload them. You have an opportunity to put your own title on each image, but if you don't do that, WikiTree assigns a title like Edith Elizabeth Arbuthnot Image # and I have no idea what formula they use to determine these numbers.
I suspect that your comment above is identifying the image files by the numbers that you see in the titles, which are totally unrelated to the numbers used in the file names. In the template you are using to insert the image files into the biography to make your gallery, the only thing that matters is the file name - *NOT* the number in the image title. If you hover your mouse over an image and look at the lower left corner of your screen, you will see the image file name. That is what must go in the template! By the way, numbers 19 and 21 don't "think they are thumbnails" - there are no images with those file names!