How do I tag a specific person?

+3 votes
I want to tag Barnes-1145.
WikiTree profile: Brinsley Barnes
in WikiTree Help by Anonymous LaRue G2G Rookie (220 points)

I think you just did.  smiley

Herbert is right and Oh by the Way.  The Trusted List has been charged with the responsibility of showing that each child of Brinsley and Elizabeth is supported by adequate sourcing which is not Currently the case.  This will be done in G2G.  Two Quaker daughters were sourced some time ago but the process was delayed.  All Trusted List members have been notified and the task will resume in about a month with sourcing of three: Deaf John, Jehu and Brinsley using Wilkes County Court of Common Pleas cases as circumstancial evidence.  Comments by all will be welcome.

2 Answers

+4 votes

I think it depends on what you mean by tag.  

Profiles can be categorize which Brinsley Barnes is in several categories. One of those categories can be removed since the addition of sources means you can remove the {{Unsourced}} line in the bio.

by Doug McCallum G2G6 Pilot (424k points)
+3 votes
[[Barnes-1145|Brinsley Barnes]]

1 - [[     Tells WikiTree that you want to create a link to something on WikiTree (can also be a category or freespace, for example)

2 - Barnes-1145     This is the profile's ID.  You can find it at the top right of it's page or if you hover your mouse over a link it will display in the lower left side of your browser.

3 - |     I don't know what it's called but it is used as a separator and/or sorting indicator.

4 - Brinsley Barnes     This just tells the link what to display on the page.

5 - ]]     Tells WikiTree you're done.

If you want to tag, or create a link on WikiTree of something off of WikiTree, like another website, it is very similar:

[]  Instead of using the sorting/separating thingy | you use a space.
by Lucy Selvaggio-Diaz G2G6 Pilot (538k points)
Lucy, #3 is called a pipe.  For users not accustomed to software symbols, it is found on most keyboards (English speaking, at least) as upper case of the backslash at right end of keyboard, immediately above the Enter key.

So that’s what they call that dang thing!

Yeah, Pip ... put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

laughlaughlaugh You kill me, Gaile!

sorry, sweetie pie ... the devil made me do it - I just couldn't resist!
by the way, what you folks call an exclamation point is known to us geeks as "bang".

Related questions

+7 votes
1 answer
131 views asked May 21, 2016 in WikiTree Tech by C S G2G6 Pilot (274k points)
+3 votes
1 answer
61 views asked May 10, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Lewis Buttery G2G2 (2.1k points)
+4 votes
2 answers
+4 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
44 views asked Mar 14, 2017 in The Tree House by Alex Stronach G2G6 Pilot (322k points)
+12 votes
2 answers
+5 votes
0 answers
54 views asked 5 days ago in The Tree House by Pat Miller G2G6 Mach 3 (31.0k points)
+2 votes
1 answer
+10 votes
0 answers
137 views asked Sep 25, 2018 in WikiTree Tech by Derrick Watson G2G6 Mach 3 (36.3k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright