I am looking for Charles Wilson, Scottish Soldier who AWOLed from the army during one of the wars in South Africa

+3 votes
in Genealogy Help by
edited by Chris Whitten

1 Answer

0 votes

Your best bet is to go to forces records for the UK. The site is compiling all military records, I must say though the site is still uploading records and the record you need might not be digitised yet. If it's not there then if you know his unit you can contact the relevant museum in the UK or M.O.D. (Ministry of Defence is the Umbrella name for all armed forces in the UK) Also we have links to the museums, etc on the following WikiTree pages.

http://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/ (This is the official site for all Military records)
by Billy Wallace G2G6 Pilot (238k points)

Related questions

+6 votes
2 answers
151 views asked Aug 18, 2015 in Genealogy Help by Marielle Ford G2G Crew (700 points)
+3 votes
0 answers
+3 votes
0 answers
+2 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
4 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright