I adopted the profile of Farnham-429, who is part of the Notables project. Using the Genealogy of the Farnham Family by John M.W. Farnham (hereafter, "the book") (who I am descended from), I can connect him with Ralph Farnham (Farnham-42).
However, this connection does not line up with how this family is on Wikitree, starting with Farnum-24 (note that I have already pm'd this profile manager).
I have been on Wikitree for about 10 months now. I don't want to open a can of worms or have a battle with anyone. I know there are other disputes regarding the Farnum/Farnham/Forman line.
Farnum-24 has three sons, Timothy, Zebediah and Joseph. According to the book (link in Roswell's profile), Farnum-24 and his wife Priscilla had sons, Ephraim, Joseph, Zebadiah, Josiah and James. Find A Grave has Timothy and James as the sons. So even there, the second Ephraim is not mentioned.
Here is how I would link Roswell Farnham to Ralph Farnham:
1. Ralph (Farnham-42) who married Alice [1-1 in the book]
2. Ralph (Forman-608) who married Elizabeth Holt [4-3 in the book]
3. Ephraim (Farnum-24) who married Priscilla Holt [15-7 in the book, p.16]
4. Ephraim who married Mary/Molly Ingles [16-1 in the book]
5. Benjamin Farnham who married Anna Merrill [22-2 in the book]
6. John Farnham who married Sarah Thompson [31-2 in the book]
7. Roswell Farnham who married Ruth Bixby [45-1 in the book] then Nancy Bixby
8. Roswell Farnham [Farnham-429] who married Mary Johnson. [55-2 in the book]
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed? I don't want to change things on someone's profile, without lots of proof. I don't think the book can be "the" source. I'm sure there are mistakes in there. Or does anyone have any additional sources I should look at?