How to find petition for naturalization for my Russian grandmother Valentina Getsch

+2 votes
My grandmother  Valentina Getsch received her Naturalization Certificate in 1961 in New York, southern district. At the time she was remarried to Michael Tchaplygen Woudl finding the supporting documents for her citizenship help me figure out her Russian surname to locate her family?
in Genealogy Help by Sandra Buranen G2G2 (2.6k points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Another option would be to get a copy of her social security card application, or SS-5, form. This form has places for the parents names, including the mother’s maiden name. Although this information was not always provided.

You request the form by making a freedom of information act request, also called a FOIA request. The cost is about $20, or so.

The drawback is that Social Security is very, very slow.
by George Fulton G2G6 Pilot (402k points)
Thank you. I will try that.

Related questions

+3 votes
2 answers
+6 votes
4 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright