How do I get a question answered incorrectly back to unanswered. [closed]

+2 votes
Question on death of James Tasker,  posted in May 2017, answered incorrectly very quickly and commented so by me.  Marked as answered.  My  search has been thorough and first answer had census info already found, 2nd answer was not the correct person.  Answers should be given thought and there should be a way to cancel incorrect answers.
WikiTree profile: James Tasker
closed with the note: Moving on
in Genealogy Help by Jerry Tasker G2G Crew (500 points)
closed by Jerry Tasker

2 Answers

+4 votes
Best answer
The person who originally asked the question is the only one (apart from admins) who can re-open a question.

Iin the meantime COMMENTS including links (to correct details or to new updated questions) can still be added, but no new answer.

 And you can also add your own question or statement along with links from the old question to your new question.
by Robynne Lozier G2G6 Pilot (886k points)
selected by Jerry Tasker
Thanks, I did make comments at the time.  I’ll look into the last item.

The original poster can re-open a Closed question, but the only way to get it back to Unanswered status would be to make the Answers go away.  Not going to happen.

Jerry, the profile you linked has only one source, England Births and Christenings.  If you also have Census and other records, people are certain to 'find' them for you again unless you put them on the profile.  We can't add to your knowledge, except by accident, if we don't know what you already know.

I look at sources as the way to insure a person is real and never considered loading them up.  The census is mentioned in the biography that follows the sources.  There was plenty of information to answer the question if one had additional info.  As I said in the original question,  I had completed a detailed search.  Additional sources would not have been helpful.  Need new info, not guesses, not rehash.  Might not be out there but that’s what I’m looking for.
OK, good luck!
+5 votes

You can't make that happen.  What you can do is repost the question, with a polite and grateful explanation of the previous incorrect answers and a link to the original question.  To reduce the possibility of answers duplicating things you already have, make sure before asking that all your known info and sources are present on the subject profile.

by Herbert Tardy G2G6 Pilot (592k points)
Thanks, that’s what I needed to know.

Related questions

+5 votes
5 answers
101 views asked Nov 26, 2015 in The Tree House by Johnathan Allen Tasker ( Son )
+1 vote
1 answer
70 views asked Nov 20, 2013 in Genealogy Help by anonymous
+9 votes
2 answers
+9 votes
1 answer
67 views asked Apr 4 in Genealogy Help by Lyn Anonymous G2G1 (1.3k points)
+2 votes
2 answers
110 views asked Apr 19, 2020 in Genealogy Help by Donald Sylvain G2G Crew (620 points)
+3 votes
0 answers
75 views asked Apr 19, 2020 in Genealogy Help by Henry Campbell-Ricketts G2G5 (5.3k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright