Would DNA help?

+1 vote
My grandmother was told that she had the same father as her older siblings. Her mother divorced her husband and married a gentleman who had been a boarder for a period of time. She was shunned by the first husband when he would see the older children. Her mother and the 2nd husband had 1 son together. They have all since passed on.

However, my mother and her cousin are still alive. The cousin is the child of the 2nd husband.

I am trying to determine which man was my grandmothers biological father.
in Genealogy Help by Anonymous Cavender G2G1 (1.2k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
A Y DNA test is used to determine paternal lineage.  The following link explains Y DNA:


by Doug Lockwood G2G Astronaut (2.4m points)
I am familiar with the types of DNA testing. My mother can not take the Y DNA and her brother is deceased. Not sure that is a viable option as my brothers would show my fathers paternal line.

Any other suggestions? Would the Autosomal test be of any help?
An autosomal test could rule out/in a relationship if you have a DNA sample to compare against the potential fathers' DNA.

Thanks smiley

No related questions found

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright