This month’s Bio Builders Challenge theme is surnames beginning with the letter M.
Thank you for your support.
Here's our checklist:
You can see some ideas on where to find some of this information on the Biography Builders space page.
Use "comments" below to ask questions.
NOTE: Biography Builders will not show on the tracker. Please add a list to your answer.
Great theme this month. I am in.
1. William Rush Merriam (1849 - 1931) former governor of Minnesota
I'm in this month. I have plenty of M surnames.
I'm in again. All profiles are open for adoption. I'll post publicly at the end of the month if one of you doesn't pick some of them up.
1. Christiana (Müller) Rohrbach
2. Ella (Nelms) Mainer
3. Hayne Mainer
4. Sarah Elizabeth (Laseter) Mainer
5. Ida Mainer
6. Nicholas Jackson Jr. Mainer
7. Roy Burleson Mainer
8. Jackson Neff Mainer
9. Ella (Mainer) Young
10. Myrtle Mainer
11. Geraldine Mainer Busacker
12. John Rheims Mainer
13. Homa (Hemphill) Mainer
14. Louis Prince Mainer
15. Emma Louise (White) Mainer
16. John Rheims Mainer Jr
17. Gertrude Sue (Holloway) Mainer
18. Roy Carter Mainer
19. Laura Elizabeth (Renfro) Mainer
20. Nicholas Jackson Mainer
21. Thomas Nelms Mainer
22. Berta Phillips Mainer
23. Martha Kyle Williams Mainer
24. Margaret Elizabeth (Williams) Mainer Watson
25. Clyde Mainer
26. Lucile Mainer McMurrey
27. Robert James McMurrey
28. Irene E. (Myers) Kern
Next post has another family.
I should have plenty of these to work on this month!
There are eighteen profiles in my watchlist that fit the theme. Let's see how many I can improve this month.
Count me in! I'm assuming M can be Maiden name or Married name, so in my watchlist alone there's plenty.
1. Anne Mawer - An early Quaker
2. Elizabeth Murray - Crofter's wife from Caithness
3. Betsy McKee - Pioneer Mid-West woman
4. Catherine Marrener - Louisiana pioneer
5. William Marrener - Her father, Revolutionary War officer
6. Sarah Maris - Indiana Quaker
7. William Massey - Early Lincolnshire Quaker
8. Katherine Massey - His wife, also a Quaker
9. Sarah Milling - Wife of early South Carolina newspaper editor
10. John Milling - Her father, emigrant from Ulster, Revolutionary War officer
11. Jane Milling - His wife, South Carolina planter
12. Thomas Maris - Quaker pioneer to Indiana
13. Jane Maris - His wife, Quaker pioneer and mother of twelve.
14. George Maris - Early Quaker in North Carolina, father of Thomas above
15. Eleanor Maris - His wife
16. John Maris - George's father, early Quaker in Pennsylvania
17. Katherine Maris - His wife
Why thank you! We're all descended from one chap!
I and my siblings have the same middle name: Morrison. It's a leftover from the days of Mormon polygamy. Each child had their mother's maiden name as their middle name. Although polygamy is dead, that particular custom isn't amongst some church members.
Roberts-4429 (profile was in process, had to finish it) Civil War vet.
1. William Wallace Macleod
2. Evelyn Collingwood Macleod
3. Andrew Cuthbert MacLeod
4. Charles William Macbeth
5. Anna Cordelia Magrath In honour of a surrogate mother on Mother's Day
6. J.E.H. MacDonald
I should be able to tackle a few of these this month. Finally getting some of these off of my to do list, yay!
1. Mary (Owen) Miner: Added Complete biography, with inline citations, Genealogically Defined.
2 Simeon Miner: Added complete biography, with inline citations and images, Genealogically Defined.
3. Samuel Miner: Completed biography with inline citations
4. Charles Miner: Completed biography, added more inline citations, corrected FAG reference to current "standard".
5. Christopher Miner: Fixed and completed biography with inline citations, Children's notes (lots of discrepancies found). Update: forgot to add a critical reference...just now added and fixed notes in children's section notes accordingly.
This'll be my first Biobuilders challenge! I'm hoping to expand some bios from my Moss, Mansell, and Moore lines.
1. Lawrence Moore, Jr.
2. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Moore-42209 - Lawrence Moore
I’m in for another round of wordsmithing.
1. John Mason
Should have plenty to work on this month.
1. Henry Marks-3193
2. Agnes Ellen Magin-175
3. David Robert Magin-91
4. David Robert Magin-168
5. John Wesley Magin https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Magin-170
6. Rachel Mary Magin https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Magin-176
7. Richard Henry Magin https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Magin-172
8. Thomas Matteson https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Matteson-245
9. Worden Matteson https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Matteson-687
10. Samuel D. McCain https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/McCain-765
I'm in! I have a Mullins line that needs some love!
Joseph Mullins (1739 - aft. 1840)
1. Laura Elizabeth (Mullins) Ulmer (1888 - 1929) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mullins-4138
2. Hester Ann (Manning) Mullins (1859 - 1937) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Manning-4955
3. Anderson Richardson Mullins (abt. 1856 - 1937) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mullins-4139
4. John Marbrook (1721 - 1801) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Marbrook-2
5. Can I enter a space page? It is all "M" for "Mullins" and I sure prettied it up :-) "Proof of descent from John Mullins 1718 to SJ Baty" - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Proof_of_descent_from_John_Mullins_1718_to_SJ_Baty
6. Rebecca McCaslin Bray (1793 - 1854) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/McCaslin-487
7. John Miller Sr. (1758 - 1819) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Miller-53931 and attached to his profile, a space page with a transcription of his will: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:The_will_of_John_Miller_Senior_1758_to_1819
8. Thomas Richardson Mullins (abt. 1822 - aft. 1900) - https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mullins-4144
What is keeping me from this month's challenge:
It was an itch that needed scratching! Now that his profile is complete, I can start working on my Mullins profiles!
I'll participate this month.
I am in for this month
1. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ainsworth-20 married name Morton - Genealogically Defined
2. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Morton-915 husband of the above -- Genealogically Defined
3. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Morton-8133 father of Morton-915 a work in progress
4.https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bratt-394 married name Molesworth
5.https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Molesworth-34 husband of the above
6. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Coleman-4517 married name Mowlem Post merge clean
7. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mowlem-17 husband of the
8. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Crane-1034 married name Medler post merge clean
9. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Medler-12 husband of the above post merge clean
10. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Medler-35 son of the above post ged com clean
11. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Medler-31 brother of the above post ged com clean
12. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mallinson-187 post merge clean up and sourced add parents profiles to wikitree.
13. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mallinson-253 - father of above a work in progress
14. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Owen-8240 - wife of the above Martha (Owen) Mallinson a work in progress
15. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Michell-72 - Genealogically Defined
16. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Michell-591 son of the above created and sourced - work in progress
17. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Michel-1338 duaghter of Michell-72 - work in progress
18. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Burstow-4 Wife / Mother of the above
20. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ash-564 Mrs Mackenzie wife of above
21. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mackenzie-853 work in progress
22. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mackenzie-1207 work in progress
23. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Heffernan-117 wife of Mackenzie-853
Think this months challenge takes me to 100 profiles