Undo a Merge

0 votes
Based on the information I could see in a profile I requested a merge for president Franklin Pierce of Pierce-489 into Pierce-177.  The profile owner complied.  I can now see that there are multiple children and a spouse that are all living and therefore should not be associated.  Is there a way to undo the merge?
WikiTree profile: Franklin Pierce
in Genealogy Help by Ed Burke G2G6 Mach 2 (22.9k points)

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer
Hi Ed,

Merges are among the few edits that cannot be undone. The closest that can be done is creating a new profile for the merged-away person, if there isn't already another one out there, and moving spouses and children over to the appropriate profile. I suggest messaging the profile manager and working together to get things sorted out.

by Lianne Lavoie G2G6 Pilot (420k points)
selected by Keith Baker

Related questions

+3 votes
1 answer
120 views asked Aug 13, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Michael Smith G2G6 Mach 3 (33.4k points)
+2 votes
1 answer
45 views asked Mar 6, 2018 in WikiTree Help by Terry McClintock G2G6 Mach 3 (39.6k points)
+1 vote
3 answers
+2 votes
2 answers
56 views asked May 11, 2019 in Policy and Style by T Lacey G2G6 Mach 3 (31.7k points)
+5 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright