How do you add members of the family who changed their sex status?

+1 vote
I would like to know how or in what way do you enter a family memeber who had a sex change...from man to woman...and married? At first, husband and what (wife and wife or wife/husband and wife )...

how do you mark or enter it on a tree?  been puzzled on this for over two for same sex it's okay ( wife and wife / husband and husband ) if married/union ...

or just leave it and enter it in brief story of them...any answer is welcome...

in Genealogy Help by Gustavo Jr Pena G2G Rookie (190 points)
recategorized by Liander Lavoie

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer
Do you mean what should you put in the gender field? I'd put their gender as they currently identify, so in this case female. Everything else flows from there: if the profile says female, it will say daughter, sister, wife, mother, etc.

Alternatively, you could leave the gender field blank, and gender neutral words will be used.

I don't know if this person is out as a transwoman, but if you're going to mention that in the bio be sure to check the privacy setting. You don't want to accidentally out someone on the internet!

I hope that helps.

by Liander Lavoie G2G6 Pilot (448k points)
selected by Allen Minix

Related questions

+7 votes
1 answer
184 views asked Apr 11, 2023 in WikiTree Help by Rose Boddy G2G6 Mach 1 (12.8k points)
+1 vote
1 answer
107 views asked Sep 6, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Liz Crabb G2G1 (1.8k points)
+4 votes
0 answers
+2 votes
2 answers
163 views asked Apr 16, 2023 in WikiTree Help by Ted Jackson G2G Rookie (200 points)
+44 votes
12 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright