This month’s Bio Builders Challenge theme is people whose surname is a color (Brown(e), Gray/Grey, Green(e), White, Gold, Black, etc.). Variant spellings are OK, but must be recognized as such. Everyone have fun.
Thank you for your support.
Here's our checklist:
You can see some ideas on where to find some of this information on the Biography Builders space page.
Use "comments" below to ask questions.
NOTE: Biography Builders will not show on the tracker. Please add a list to your answer.
Diane, here is an example from my own grandmother's profile:
Ruth Violet Lenore (Herling) Ranck (1919 - 2007)
The couple had 4 children, three who survived to adulthood:
lol, and don't forget all the Leblanc, Lenoir, Leroux...........
It's been a while since I've participates and I just finished my first new one and plan to do more before the month is out. Do I just add them here as I do them and edit this comment?
Done so far:
1) Nicholas White Sr. - arrived in Massachusetts in 1643
LOL . . . this could be fun! I wonder whether I can find someone named Magenta! After working on a Beige family and running into a paucity of sources, I remembered a whole line named Swartz. Slow going for three days of research on one profile.
1. Jennettie (Head) White
2. Martha J. (White) Chase
3. Minnie Flora (Swartz) Rohrbach
I'll do this one! Should be able to find some Whites and Greens, maybe a few LeBlancs too.
I am quite sure I have none in my tree; I will cast my net wider this month.
Watchlist color free - casting a wider net... selected the "Blue" family at random; found an interesting name to create a profile and develop: Lael Zann Blue.
1. Francis Sherman Currey, 1925-2019, Medal of Honor recipient (color curry red)
2. Ann (White) Cobb, (1608 - bef. 1656)
3. Robert White (bef. 1570)
4. Susanna (Boulden) White (1570 - 1625)
5. Susan (White) Cobbs (abt. 1600)
6. Lael Zann Blue (1917 - 1965)
7. Prudence (Lanckford) Clayton (color clay)
8. Sarah "Sallie" (Francisco) Edlin (color San Francisco Bay)
9. Nancy (Unknown) Francisco
I think I'll be able to add a few for my Grandma White's family. By the way, how could someone born in the 1980s possibly witness something that occurred in the life of someone who died in 1952?
I created a space page because I'm having trouble locating information on some of this White family. It records what is missing for each record and where I've searched.
I'll do a few. I have some Whites and Browns.
thanks for the laugh
Love this idea, great challenge. Have a white or two, oh and a few Blackman's from Shorpshire
So I am in, shall work on the following
1. Henry Charles White his wife and children.
2. Alice Margaret Clara (Langridge) White wife of Henry
3. Maud White Daughter
4. Horace White Son
5. William White Son
6. Alice White Daughter
7. Henry White Son
8. Ernest White Ernest White
9. Jane (Langridge) White Jane (Langridge) White wife of Henry White see below No.12
10. Emma White Daughter of Jane and Henry
11. Alice White Daughter of Jane and Henry
12. Henry White Husband of Jane and father of Emma and Alice
13. Sarah Redhead my Great Aunt and her family
14. Maria Redhead Sister to Sarah -my Great Aunt
15. Ellen (Wells) Brownfield - this is a work in progress as assisting PM
16.James Enos Brownfield
17. Jonathan Pink father of Mary Pink
18. Mary Pink
I have "Greene" in my family tree. I'm sure I have a few that need some bios written. :)
Hmmm... Interesting twist :) I will give it a try.
I am in for the month. Should be fun. I have some Blues and some Whites on my watchlist.
1. John Blue 1697 - 1770
2. Michael Blue 1720 - 1819
3. Barnabas Blue 1757 - 1837
4. Solomon Blue 1784 - 1856
5. Daniel White 1767 - 1845
It's the Blacks and Blues you must watch out for.
After a few months of copping out, I'll try this one. I have some White ancestors, some of whom badly need a proper biography!
1. Elizabeth Mary White My great x4 grandmother, whose silver spoons I still keep.
2. Blake Leay White Her father, Revolutionary War Veteran and early South Carolina planter/carpenter/tavern keeper/roads commissioner...
3. Elizabeth Bourquin White His wife
4. John White Blake's father - Militia Colonel and early landowner in South Carolina
5. Sarah White John's first wife
6. Mary White John's second wife
7. John White Snr John's father and early immigrant to South Carolina from Bermuda
8. Hannah White His wife
9. Anthony White John's father and early Bermuda resident
10. Elizabeth White Anthony's wife
11. Anthony White Anthony's father and founding emigrant to Bermuda
Great theme for the challenge. I'll be working on my White and Black lines this month.
1. Henry Charles White - my 2x great-grandfather. Alas, this one's still a brick wall w/ regard to his parentage, but I've come a long way from having nothing more than his name at this time last year.
2. Edwin Bienvenu White - Henry's youngest son, born 6 months after Henry's death. This challenge reminded me that I'd wanted to dig around and find out what happened to Edwin after he was orphaned. Found it!
3. Harry Caldwell White - Another from the same White family. Another time I wished the 1890 Census hadn't been destroyed.
4. Lafayette Dancy White - Continuing with the White family. Didn't realize until this week that I had a notorious narcotics cop / CIA guy just hanging out on my Watchlist (not this guy, but his son -- bio to come).
5. Virginia R. White - Still on this California White family. Wish I could find more about Virginia's whereabouts past 1940.
6. Maj. Bernard J. Black - My third great grandfather. Civil War soldier turned architect.
I'm a bit late to this as i was searching and couldn't find it (so I carried on working on last months ones as some still need something extra lol)
I remember doing a colour one before so will try to find a different colour - I think I have plenty to choose from: White, Brown and Green are my obvious ones, but will see if I have anymore unusual ones! I just realised I have Pinks in my tree but they are quite far back in time.
My first one will be
#1 Sarah Owers nee Green I probably did her before as she is quite well sourced, but I now have more DNA info that I can put into a chart and attach.
#2 Maud Lavinia Grey nee Johnson added profiles for husband and children
#3 Alfred Edward Gray
#4 Albert Henry Grey
#5 Gladys Maud Wise nee Grey
#6 Leonard George Grey
#7 Florence Rose Cheeseman nee Grey
#8 William Henry Grey
#9 Dorothy Eileen Grey
#10 William White b. 1831
#11 William White b. 1810
# 12 John White b. 1777
#13 John White b. 1738
#14 John White b. 1697-1699
#15 Daniel White b. abt. 1660
#16 Sarah White nee Mason
#17 Jane White nee Staines
#18 Mary White nee Tyler
a double one with #19 Sarah White nee Brown
#20 Mary Ardley nee Green added profiles for husband and children, tabulated census data
#21 William Geen - added profiles for children and spouse
# 22 Maria Green nee Mott
#23 Richard Green added census, profiles for children and added sources
#24 Sarah Green nee Constable added profiles for children
# 26 Samuel Green
#27 Ann Peck nee Green
#28 Ann Green nee Meers
# 29 Nancy Ray Johnson nee Blackbourn added profiles for parents
#30 William Blackbourn b. 1748 added profiles for wives and children
#31 Ann Blackbourn nee Ray
#32 William Blackbourn b. 1775
#33 Elizabeth Blackbourn late Lawrence nee Adams
#34 Elizabeth Preese nee Green
#35 Elizabeth Green nee Howell
#36 Margaret Urquhart Brown nee Bremner added profile for husband, list of children & census. now adding profiles for children