Helmut, if you are doing this entry work over several days, one can suppose that "frequently saving" is not a term that applies to your method.
"Frequently saving" generally means
1. I create the profile, and add a source as per. Then I SAVE.
2. In a matter of a few minutes, I next go to familysearch and enter the profile's name looking for census, birth, death, marriage, divorce, military registration / service. IF I locate something, I enter Edit mode, and c&p the transcript, and the familyseach citation. AND SAVE, in the event of interruption of www service or necessity (at home).
3. Back to what I locate in familysearch, grab another bit of info, repeat. which includes SAVE.
By consequence of this I may end up using SAVE as much as five or six or more times in a matter of 30 or so minutes.
4. HAVING the info in the Biography now require making it READABLE, so BACK INTO EDIT mode, and the use of * and : and _| and SAVE frequently for the very same reasons as above. By consequence I may SAVE as much as another 4, 5, 7 times.
5. I proofread, and if necessary, edit for corrections and this again will require SAVE.
If I must enter a comment each and every freaking time I will soon very soon be freaking.
That's my current "style", method, etc. IF I must contend with a mandatory explanatory comment
Granted I have several variations of an option to do any and all other info collection and editing on a note pad of some brand, get it "together" and then back to the profile and do a c&p and SAVE. That would be only TWO SAVES
Another option is having the first SAVE and thence to familysearch for documents, I can limit myself to merely adding the citation of the records held by familysearch, placing those into SOURCES, and then SAVE. That would still mean only TWO SAVES. Under this option (no transcripts) there's will be "nothing" in Biography. BUT there would be supporting citations for the assertions made in the creation of the profile (name, birth, death, marriage, etc) -- future readers, if any, can go look
I suppose under this latter option some BioBuilder looking for a Task can open the citations capture the info and create a biog and kudos to THEM, but having heard from some few of them THEY ARE ALSO frequent savers.
IF SAVING MONEY BY NOT SAVING FREQUENTLY is the goal, one can imagine the barren wilderness of a number of profiles bereft of any content in the Biography? Not that there are not many of them at WT anyway.
BUT you never know, someone might decide to be a feckless spendthrift and "have at it" ...
Helmut if my use of my mother's language is confusing you CAN ask for clarification. "Have at it" would indicate going into action. You can google the phrase feckless spendthrift, I have, it's quite interesting and it has a History.