Judge Pliny Hillyer 1749-1826 is the son of James Hillyer and Mary Humphrey. Pliny Hillyer Married Jane Pelletreau October 1775 in Long Island, New York. Excellent profile for genealogy collaboration to help build this Hillyer Family Tree
- Sarah Pelletreau Hillyer born February 24, 1777 (probably Granby, Ct) married Jeptha Curtis; married William Day/divorced William Day; married Joshua Raymond Jewett
- Jane Hillyer born August 24, 1779, Granby, Connecticut; Married Major William Ashley
- John Hillyer born September 22, 1781, Granby, Connecticut; married Hannah Ashley
- Juliana Hillyer born July 24, 1786; died December 2, 1803 at (probably Granby) at age 17 unmarried; she was buried at Granby Cemetery Cemetery, Granby, Connecticut. On her gravestone her name is given as Julia.
- Sophia Hillyer born on June 19,1788; died July 8, 1847 at Hartford,Connecticut, at the age of 59 unmarried; she was buried at Granby Center Cemetery, Granby, Connecticut. She lived at Sheffield, Massachusetts.
- Pliny Young Hillyer born April 21,1790 (probably Granby, Connecticut -January 4, 1855 in Sheffield Massachusetts never married
- Maltby Gelston Hillyer born October 10, 1793 Granby Connecticut. Married Irene Amorette Jewett
Military: Lieutenant (in 1776) & Captain (in 1787-1791).Served in Revolution War With brother Theodore?
We Need help with adding sources & records. I believe he qualifies as a notable; however can’t find him on Wikipedia yet
Please see under sources for some excellent articles
1. Need marriage record
2. Need help updating/improving upon his profile
3. FAG link https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/120476900/pliny-y-hillyer
4. Need military records
Any help in improving this historic person & his family siblings children and parents profiles would be greatly appreciated. Especially his sister Affia Hillyer Miller’s profile and her children’s children
Thank you wikitree family