Just above the table in your watchlist, you will see the following list, from left to right:
Sort by: Name|Birth Date|Edit Date|Privacy and then by Birth Date|Edit Date|Privacy
These are sorting filters. If you select - Privacy and then by Birth Date - your watchlist will re-arrange. Look to the far right and the lock icon will now be in order based on privacy level.
Re: sort by Death Date, there is no sorting filter for that, I do not think it exists.
If you use the to-do list feature, you can make your own list: it requires switching back and forth between windows. For this task, you will need two browser windows open, maybe sized to fit next to each other for easy viewing, or you can switch back and forth, whatever is easier.
In the first browser, from your wikitree profile:
- Go to your watchlist.
- Sort as above, using the -Privacy and then by Birth Date- filter.
- Leave the window open.
Step 2: Open the new browser tab for a second window to your wikitree profile.
From your profile page:
- In the upper right choose Add drop down menu. Choose New Thing.
- On line 3, choose to-do list. A new page will open.
- In the Title box, name the new page as follows :: Arbuthnot Personal: Now closed and deceased :: or whatever else you think is best
- Skip to the textbox.
- Delete everything in the textbox
- Scroll down underneath the textbox to the table embedded under the box. The table shows everyone in your watchlist
- At the bottom of the table, there is a white box with a big drop-down arrow to the right. Choose the drop-down arrow and select 500. Your watchlist table will expand to show more people, maybe everyone if you have fewer than 500 on your watchlist. You can skip this, but expanding your list view makes the next task easier.
- Look at the first open watchlist browser window, find the names of each pre-sorted watchlist profile that is not white. They should be grouped together by privacy level (color). Visually locate profiles by looking for the death dates (this is the tedious sorting task)
- In the second window, where you are creating the to-do list, check the little box in the name row at the far right of the profile(s) you want on your list page. This will select the profile.
- After selecting the profiles you want, click the black- Add Selected Items To List- button at bottom right underneath the embedded watchlist table. This will add every profile you checked to the textbox in a chart format.
- Then, select the black -Create To-Do List - button at the very bottom center underneath the embedded watchlist table
The page will show up in your profile watchlist tab under free space pages. You can edit this page, deleting each individual profile as you deal with or change it.
It is a manual list-making process -- time-consuming but will give you what you want.
Optional: Once the page is created Go To your Watchlist: Select Free-Space Profiles Tab. Select your new page. Go to Privacy tab. Select Private.
Also, the whole free space page can be deleted when you are done with it.
Good luck with your project.