I recently saw a discussion on Ancestry about Sarah Carey Jenney parents. The theory was that she was actually the daughter of John Carey 3rd Baron of Hundson. The thread posters had some ideas on the matter. I am asking it here because I am very much a newb to these things and I deeply respect Wikitree members accuracy and proffessionalism. I want to state for the record, I do not want to be from Henry 8 at all. I have a very impressive pedigree without him. I want the truth to pass on to my grandkids. I endeavor to not pass on fallacies to my grands
1) the book written in the 19th cent on this has been proven to be bogus.
2) Jenney is an old family. In those people did not marry outside of their station. There is a word for it I forget what it is. In England the Crown had the right to approve or disapprove of a marriage as marriages were also political structures.
3) A man claims to gone to England and stated that there were exactly 0 Sarah Careys born in the appropriate time period who lived to adulthood
4) There is an Ann Carey listed as a daughter who supposedly married a Lovell yet there are no records. .Given that both are old Nobles families of means, there would have been a record. The Crown would have to have approved of it
5) There are no parents listed for Sarah Carey in the Marriage Banns. Again, marrying outside of caste
6) Gentlewomen never traveled alone. Who is this Miss Lyons?
8) The theory goes that Sarah is actually Ann and changed her first name due to be disowned (due to taking up with separatist Quaker or some thing)OR she is Sir John's illegitimate daughter
I am matching to Boleyn and Tudor via DNA. My sourced Tudor lines are old Twdyr. That doesn't seem strong enough for me to match Henry 8. I admit I am still a tad confused as to how accurate the matching is but I am thinking 1000 yrs is a bit long to have a strong match to Henry 8.