The proper brother of Edward Ancell is Henry Clay Ancell
This family may need to be protected to have accurate data entered.
MARRIAGE: Recorded in an old Register of Marriages, a thin unbound book in the office of the Clerk of Orange County.
"Descendants of Edward Ancell of Virginia" by Rev. Benjamin Lucius Ancell D.D., Shanghai, China, 1933.
"II. Henry Ancell married, Dec. 31, 1801, (bond Dated Dec. 28) Nancy Beazley, d. 1856 in Scott Co., Mo. She was the daughter of John Beazley and had a brother James and a sister Sarah who married Richard Williams. (Orange Co. Deed Book. 22, p. 346).
From the will of Edward Ancell it is shown that Henry had children, living in 1831; he had removed to Todd Co., KY., and his children removed to MO near Cape Girardeau, where they prospered.
The ANCELL family in MO, Scott County.
Henry Ancell & wife, Nancy Beazley had the following named children:
1. Washington Ancell, born Nov 21, 1803, married Matha Whitelaw, who died in 1899. Probably she was also of Beazley descent. Issue below.
2. Thornton Wills Ancell, born March 7, 1805, md. 1st Miss Williams, and 2nd Elvira Wright. Issue below.
3. Paschall Ancell, born Dec. 5, 1807. He married Martha Whitelaw, probably his relative, being of Beazley descent. (See Will of James Beazley, Orange Co., Va. 1821). Issue below.
4. John Dierte Ancell, born June 3, 1812, married Jane Rogers Clark, whose father lived about 10 miles north of Cape Girardeau. Issue below.
5. James Beazley Ancell, twin to John D.., md. Frances Adeline Clark, "of Cape Girardeau.: (Was she sister of Jane, above?) Issue below.
6. Henry Ancell, born February 3, 1816, md. Martha Campster, and in 1916 was said to have "one living grandchild." Issue below.
7. Harriett Ancell, only daughter, b. June 4, 1810, died in infancy."
1810 Barren County, Kentucky Census. Abstracted from "Barren County, Kentucky Census 1810 through 1840, © Sandra K. Gorin, Gorin Genealogical Publishing, 205 Clements Avenue, Glasgow, KY 42141-3409. Used by permission of compilist.