How can relationships be changed if corrections are found?

+1 vote
in Genealogy Help by
retagged by Liander Lavoie

2 Answers

+2 votes
Best answer
Adding to what Gloria said, if you are actually wanting to change how people are related to each other, click the edit tab near the top of the profile page. On the edit page, look at the column on your right. It will list the persons related to the profile subject.  Below their names it will say:

Father:    [Father's name]    [edit]

Mother:    [Mother's name]    [edit]

Siblings:  [His/Her name] [add/edit]

Spouses: [His/Her Name] [edit marriage]

[add/remove a spouse]

Children:     etc.

Click on the edit button you need and you will be taken to a page with several options:

(For example)

A.) To set someone who already has a WikiTree profile as the father of [person's name] enter their WikiTree ID here:

B.) To create a completely new person as the father of [person's name] enter their basic information here.

At the bottom of the page, you can simply remove the person's relationship from the profile subject.

You can find more information about this at

To emphasize what Gloria said, if you aren't on the trusted list, you'll have to contact the manager of the profile and she/he will need to make these corrections or add you to the trusted list.

I hope between Gloria's answer and mine, we've covered what you were needing to know.
by Debby Black G2G6 Mach 8 (81.9k points)
selected by Keith Baker
+1 vote
If by corrections you mean sources that provide legal proof then basically redoing the work is needed, but if it is conflicting statement unsupported at.this time id follow the help guide for disputed info and note it on bio and bulletin board...if you manage the profiles change is easy if not contact manager of profile and add the dispute on bboard...
by Gloria Lange G2G6 Mach 1 (11.4k points)

Related questions

+6 votes
2 answers
+1 vote
1 answer
84 views asked Jan 29, 2021 in Genealogy Help by Cortland Lowe G2G6 Mach 1 (11.1k points)
+3 votes
4 answers
+1 vote
1 answer
115 views asked Mar 15, 2013 in Genealogy Help by Clarence Rogers G2G1 (1.7k points)
+2 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
2 answers
+13 votes
3 answers
244 views asked Dec 16, 2021 in Policy and Style by Mama Kiki Lajeunesse G2G6 Mach 2 (20.4k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright