I was just coming to post this lol I had it copied to my home page here,
Copied from the G2 forum, it works great! Credit to Deb Durham
I've been asked a number of times how to do this, so I am posting instructions here for easy reference.
If you have an Ancestry.com subscription, and you wish to add a link to a source image on a profile, you can create a link to the image that is free for all to view (with or without a subscription) by following the instructions below.
1. Open the image on Ancestry.com.
2. Click the "tools" icon on the image page.
3. Select "Share"
4. I usually select Facebook from the share menu but choose a platform where you have an account or choose email and send to yourself.
5. Close the sharing window and copy the link in the small window that remains.
6. Use the link as is or truncate it as described below.
To truncate the link:
Here is what the link you copied will look like:
To truncate it and still retain a working link remove all of the bolded portion which will leave a link that looks like this:
You can then add it to your Ancestry citation using this format Free Ancestry Image to produce this link:
Free Ancestry Image
These images are best viewed on a PC and your mileage may vary on a mobile device.
Hope it helps and happy sharing!