How do you undo a merge?

0 votes
I just realized that I merged a father's information with a son's information. Since more than a day has passed since I did this, I can't figure out how to undo my mistake. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
in Genealogy Help by Beth Leve G2G Rookie (250 points)
retagged by Tami Osmer

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Beth,

Merges cannot be undone, so you'll need to create a new profile for one of them. Then just change the parent-child and spousal relationships so that the right people are connected to each other, and make sure each of them has the right information, like birth and death dates, etc.

I hope that helps! :)

by Lianne Lavoie G2G6 Pilot (423k points)
Thank you so much. Finally figured out that I didn't merge the father and son but had two mothers for one of the sons and had to do a merge that way. Appreciate all the help.

Related questions

+6 votes
2 answers
96 views asked Feb 27, 2018 in WikiTree Help by Angela Grassi G2G6 (6.3k points)
+1 vote
3 answers
53 views asked Aug 15 in WikiTree Help by John Ladd G2G Rookie (220 points)
+5 votes
1 answer
+2 votes
2 answers
107 views asked May 17, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Susan Hughes G2G6 Mach 3 (31.2k points)
+2 votes
2 answers
66 views asked Sep 5, 2018 in WikiTree Help by Thomas Moore G2G1 (1.3k points)
+10 votes
4 answers
125 views asked Oct 18, 2017 in WikiTree Help by G R G2G6 Mach 1 (13.7k points)
+6 votes
1 answer
83 views asked Sep 19, 2017 in WikiTree Tech by Robert David Conrad G2G Crew (340 points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright