Edith's birth date is given as 10 Mar 1880 in the Provincial Returns of Births and Late Registration, 1810-1906. (7). However, the 1881 Census does not list her as a member of the household of William Giberson and Martha Grant. (8) ' ' (How do we know the exact date of Edith Giberson if her birth record and the census record do not agree? Harris-837 15:38, 27 December 2013 (EST)) ' '
Clair Zarges, Edith's granddaughter: My family records show that the family name for this family (David and Edith Giberson Crabb) was legally changed to Crabtree, 1910. (6)
Edith's middle name is given as "Ray" on her birth record. It is important to note that this record was filed in 1946 by a friend of the family, long after Edith's birth in 1880, as the birth was not reported within a year of when it took place. The report was part of New Brunswick Provincial Returns of Births and Late Registration, 1810-1906. (7) Elsewhere the middle name is spelled "Rae."
2. Marriage: Maine, Marriage Index, 1892-1966, 1977-1996,"\ index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCND-B7W : accessed 18 Nov 2013), David J Crabb and Edith R Giberson, 1899
3. Grave: Find a Grave http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=59548722
4. John Giberson, Loyalist, by Wiley Waugh, Sr. Rev. ed. December 1999. ISBN 1-896849-10-5.
6. Record from the Probate Court, State of Maine, County of Piscataquis, 4 Oct 1910; copy in my possession 12/12/2013, Clair Harris Zarges; sent to me by Duane E. Crabtree, son of Talmage Dewitt Crabb in an email dated 30 July 2001.
7. "New Brunswick, Provincial Returns of Births and Late Registrations, 1810-1906," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XT3M-V2Q : accessed 13 Dec 2013), Edith Ray Giberson, 1880.
8. Item no. 4938929, Household of William Giberson, Census of 1881, Library and Archives Canada. http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1881/Pages/item.aspx?itemid=4938929; accessed 27 Dec 2013
- ↑ Entered by Clair Zarges.
Thanks to Clair Zarges for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Clair and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Edith's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 4 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Edith is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 29 degrees from Bob Dylan, 25 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.