- Direct Descendent of George Reade Esq twice through her mother, Alma June Avant. George Reade was both Governor and Founder of Yorktown, Virginia. Magna Carta Gateway Ancestor George Reade Esq. is a descendant of Magna Carta Surety Barons John de Lacy and William Malet 1608–1671. Stephanie Hooper Barney is the10th Great Granddaughter to George Reade twice.
- Victoria and Stephanie are 11th cousins five times removed
Victoria (Hannover) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and Stephanie (Hooper) Barney are both descendants of George Douglas.
- Theodore Roosevelt and Stephanie are 10th cousins 6 times removed
- 2nd cousin 1x removed to James "Jim" Rezin Bowie
- 3rd cousin 7x removed of Col. David Stern "Davy" Crockett
- 19th cousin 7x removed Thomas Jefferson, 3rd POTUS
- 2nd cousin 8x removed George Washington, 1st POTUS (twice on maternal grandfather and grandmother)
- 40th Great Uncle Emperor Charlemagne Charles of the Great Holy Roman Empire.
- 37th Great Granddaughter of Alfred the Great of Wessex, King of England(twice thru maternal grandfather and grandmother same degree)
- 29th Great Granddaughter of Margaret, Queen of Scotland
Stephanie Rose Hooper was born in 1964 in Kingsville, Texas, the child of Ralph and Alma June (Avant )Hooper. Stephanie married Charles Max Barney in 1988 and they have three children, six grandchildren and three great grandchildren.
- Ethnicity Estimate:
67% England, Wales and Northwestern Europe 32% Irish and Scottish 1% Finish
- First-hand information. Entered by Stephanie R Hooper at registration.
- born 27 Aug 1964 in Kingsville, Kleburg County, Texas to Alma June Avant and Ralph Edward Hooper, Sr.
- Resided in Kingsville, Texas until 1969 and moved with the family to the Rio Grande Valley.
- 1978 moved to Cotulla, Texas.
- 1982 Graduated with Honors from Cotulla, Texas
-National Honor Society -Band placed All District/solo Competition -Marching Band/concert band -Jazz Band -FFA -track/field -basketball -volleyball *Who's Who Among American High School Students 1980/1981/1982 *Distinguished Society of American High School Students 1981/1982
- Aug 1982 University of Texas at Austin Liberal Arts Psychology Major
- 1982 Employed as a student while attending the University of Texas 1982-1984 School of Social Work Center for Research for Child Abuse Neglect and Adoption. Lead Research Assistant promoted to Complete operations manager.
- 1984-1986 University of Texas Payroll Department - Accountant
- 1986-1987 University of Texas Police Department
- 1983 Internal Revenue Service (inconjunction with the University of Texas worked evening shift)
- May 1988 married Charles M Barney.
- 1990 moved to Dallas, Texas
- 1995 joined the Dallas Police Department Northwest Division
- Aug 1995 Received Basic Peace Officer Certificate
- Aug 29, 1995 Received Peace Officer License
- Nov 1995 Received Life Saving Bar
- Oct 1995 Graduated from the Police Academy
- Oct 2000 Save Driving Award
- Dec 2000 Child abuse Prevention and Investigation Certification
- Dec 2000 Arrest Search and Seizure Certified
- Feb 2002 Sustained broken bones to foot while in pursuit of theft suspect.
- Feb 2003 Sustained Back Injury in Auto Accident while in pursuit of Robbery suspect. I have liquid bone in my spine.
- Feb 2006 Crisis Intervention Training Certificate
- Aug 2006 Received Intermediate Peace Officer certificate
- Aug 2006 Crime Scene Investigation Intermediate certification
- Aug 2006 Received Advanced Peace Officer certificate
- Aug 2006 Certified Intermediate Spanish
- Mar 2008 Officer Survival/Weapon Retention Certificate
- Mar 2008 Certified Cultural Diversity
- May 2009 Special Investigative Certified
- May 2009 Firearms proficiency certification
- Aug 2009 Sworn in as US Marshall to assist in felon apprehension.
- Feb 2010 Master's Peace Officer Certificate/Bar
- Nov 2010 Certified in Human Trafficking
- Nov 2010 Certified Defensive Tactics
- Dec 2010 Certified CPR Instructor
- Jan 2011 Interdepartmental Ethics Award
- 1995-2011 Recipient of over 200 Interdepartmental and Citizen
- Apr 2011 Honorably Retired
- 2004-2011 Private Security for Chuck Norris and Norris Productions Acted in his last Walker Texas Ranger Movie
- 2011- Private Contract Security Consultant
- Professional Organizations:
- Texas Women’s Peace Officer Assoc.
- International Police Assoc
- Texas Ranger Life Member
- Volunteer Services:
- Parents Anonymous
- Meals on Wheels
- Samaritan's Purse Volunteer
- Political Views:
- Religious Views:
Christian "No man is a true believer, unless he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself".
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Traveling: favorites were swimming with the dolphins in the Bahamas, Canada, and snorkeling in Cozumel. Planning an excursion to Scotland and Ireland. Camping, hiking, taekwondo, working out, genealogy, reading, writing poetry, love the South Carolina and Florida Beaches. Travel to all Scottish/Irish Festivals. Member of clan Elliott, Clan Stewart and Clan McLaren.
2019 trip to Washington, D.C., Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas was phenomenal. Next for 2019 is hiking and camping in New Mexico and a trip to Scotland. Retirement is everything I thought it would be and more. Hubby and I are extremely fortunate and Blessed by God. Faith the size of a mustard seed is all that is needed.
I am blessed with a large loving family. God continues to Bless us with children and many grandchildren.
- Stephanie's formal name
- full middle name (R.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (11)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
- autosomal DNA test connections
Stephanie is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Paternal Lineage
- This is my maternal Grandfather's name
- Barney is my married name changed from Bernier which is French. This line of Bernier's are the first French settlers to Quebec, Canada a monument was erected to honor this in 1960 located in Cap St Ignace, Canada
- Original spelling of Barney. French origins.
- My paternal great grandmothers line
- Paternal Lineage
- Husbands maternal family line
- Maternal lineage great grandmother's maiden name
- Husband's grand mother's German Link
- Hooper is my maiden name, this branch hails from Kentucky, Georgia, North and South Carolina
- Maternal line
- Maternal lineage
- My maternal grandmother's family line
- Maternal Lineage
- Paternal Grandmothers Line
- Maternal Lineage
- Paternal line of husband
- Maternal Lineage .Governor George Reade Esq. , Founder of Yorktown, Virginia 10th Great Grand father, his mother was Lady Mildred Windebank
- Paternal lineage
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Stephanie. (Best for comments to Stephanie that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Stephanie that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 23 Jan 2019 at 18:56 GMT Betty Tindle wrote:
On 20 Jan 2019 at 19:05 GMT Betty Tindle wrote:
On 20 Jan 2019 at 19:05 GMT Betty Tindle wrote:
On 3 Jan 2019 at 18:25 GMT Kelly Hardcastle wrote:
Stephanie (Hooper) Barney and Kelly Hardcastle are both descendants of Eli Hardcastle Sr. Also we are double cousins as we are both descendants of Anderson Thrailkill & Celia Hinson (in a different way). Happy New Year to you and yours!
On 17 Aug 2017 at 08:04 GMT Anonymous Barnes wrote:
On 7 Aug 2017 at 14:17 GMT Anonymous Barnes wrote:
I just learned about you because of the proposed merge which I am going to approve. I hope you will do the same. We are cousins on both my Barnes and Oxford lines. My mother was an Oxford and that branch carries me away from you. We get back together via the marriage of James Oxford and Hannah Barnes. Hannah is buried 5 miles from my home she was the daughter of Handsome Jim Barnes and granddaughter of our Irish immigrant Brinsley. Brinsley is my maternal 4th great grandfather and my paternal 5th great grandfather. Learn more about our family at my Barnes-Oxford website (https://CompetitiveStrategies.us) Be sure to complete the contact form to receive our newsletter remind me that you are both a Barnes and an Oxford. We have two newsletters.
On 16 Jul 2017 at 15:03 GMT Cindy (Williams) Lesure wrote:
This week we have your last stop on the guided tour. Hopefully, you're feeling like a WikiTree pro! If not, you can always revisit the tour stops via the comment boxes on the right side of your profile.
You've covered a lot of ground the past few weeks. Today, we want to give you just a few more tools that can take you even deeper into the WikiTree forest without getting lost: How to Dig a Little Deeper.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions! If the above link does not work from your email, please go to your profile in the public comments and it will work from there.
Thanks, WikiMesssenger Cindy
On 8 Jul 2017 at 20:25 GMT Mary Richardson wrote:
You may have been hard at work getting connected to family members who are already here and adding those who were missing. You probably have at least a few profiles that you manage now.
There's a fast and easy way to access those profiles using the Watchlist. So, this week we're going to look at How to Manage Your Watchlist.
Questions! Just ask me. We want to help!
Mary, Wiki Messenger
On 2 Jul 2017 at 05:16 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
On 2 Jul 2017 at 05:13 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
You've been a WikiTreer for several weeks now! We hope your profiles are starting to come together and that you've enjoyed getting to know all of us a little better.
You are probably getting a good feel for the collaborative nature of WikiTree by now. Since collaboration isn't always easy, we've put together a few pointers that can make working in this type of environment a little easier: How to be a Successful WikiTreer.
I'm always happy to answer questions!