This is a "bot" (robot) account for automated changes authorized by the WikiTree Team.
To stop this bot, add a comment to this profile with the text STOP
Here you can view all EditBot Log Files.
Aleš Trtnik is managing bot operations.
List of bot actions
- Deletion, renaming and merging of categories. For now it runs manually on a daily basis. More about this on Category:EditBOT.
- Template redirects. For now it runs manually on a daily basis after import of templates dump. If one of the redirected template is used, profile is corrected to directly use the correct template. That makes template maintenance easier.
- Categories corrections. For now it runs manually on a daily basis after import of categories dump. This reduces the creation of new duplicated categories.
- Wanted categories are checked if there exists a category with same name and different case. If it does, all profiles, subcategories and links to it are corrected to use existing category.
- Wanted categories are checked if there exists a category with same name but different separators placing. If it does, all profiles, subcategories and links to it are corrected to use existing category.
- Wanted categories are checked if the category was already renamed by the bot. If it was, all profiles, subcategories and links to it are corrected to use renamed category.
Ongoing one time actions:
- Deletion of empty misnamed categories
- Correction of UTF errors in biography, that prevented display of biography on the profile. (6000 profiles, half corrected, others will be next week)
Finished one time actions:
- Template usage corrections.
- Various minor template renames as part of template maintenance.
- Project Box (One Name Study) -> One Name Study (Corrected 2756 instances 34 left) 18-23 Aug 2017
- Project Box (One Place Study) -> One Place Study (Corrected 2100 instances 2 left) 20-23 Aug 2017
- Project Box (Roll of Honor) -> Roll of Honor (Corrected 1626 instances 219 left) 12-17 Aug 2017
- One Name Studies -> One Name Study (Corrected all 1156 instances and Template deleted) 4-11 Aug 2017
- NSDAR Patriot Ancestor -> 1776 (Corrected all 662 instances and Template deleted) 2nd July 2017
- Organisation of misnamed categories. 18000 categories were deleted and links to them corrected.
- EditBot's formal name
- e-mail address
- family tree
- Please tell me what is an EditBot WikiTree? Nov 9, 2018.
- EditBot WikiTree is a Wonderful WikiTreer Nov 7, 2018.
- EditBot WikiTree is a Wonderful WikiTreer Sep 14, 2018.
- EditBot WikiTree is a Wonderful WikiTreer Sep 5, 2018.
- EditBot WikiTree is a Wonderful WikiTreer Mar 4, 2018.
- EditBOT new daily action Feb 13, 2018.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to EditBot. (Best for comments to EditBot that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about EditBot that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 11 Nov 2018 at 17:48 GMT Bree Ogle wrote:
On 9 Nov 2018 at 06:50 GMT Paula Hawkins wrote:
On 27 Oct 2018 at 15:49 GMT Eric Andersen-Vie wrote:
Thank you for your wonderful work correcting our mistakes.
On 21 Oct 2018 at 20:02 GMT Elizabeth Winter wrote:
Note that the cemetery's name for itself includes "and Mausoleum" - their link:
Furthermore (town) is highly irregular, and not generally included in category names. (The other cemeteries in that same down don't have it.)
On 12 Oct 2018 at 18:34 GMT Rayburn Clipper wrote:
On 30 Aug 2018 at 15:35 GMT Catherine (McCracken) Mendenhall wrote:
On 15 Aug 2018 at 16:18 GMT Michelle (Gerard) Hartley wrote:
On 6 Aug 2018 at 04:00 GMT Virgil Kester III wrote:
On 27 Jul 2018 at 13:47 GMT Chris Gilbert wrote:
On 13 Jul 2018 at 09:10 GMT John Walker wrote:
On 10 May 2018 at 00:00 GMT A Nony Mouse Moffett wrote:
Or should I really be thanking Aleš Trtnik.
On 19 Apr 2018 at 15:27 GMT Jo Gill wrote:
Thanks little dude!
On 4 Apr 2018 at 17:02 GMT A Nony Mouse Moffett wrote:
On 3 Mar 2018 at 22:17 GMT Jason Everett wrote:
On 22 Feb 2018 at 01:02 GMT Albertus Robert Casimir (Fuller) Jung wrote:
thank you for your good work. However, you have made a mistake. There are at least two villages called Heimersheim in Germany. The one in which several of my forefathers were born is near Alzey, and since 1972 is a part of the city of Alzey, in Kreis Alzey-Worms, Rheinland-Pfalz. You mistakenly changed the Kreis from Alzey-Worms to Category: Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler, Rheinland-PfalzCategory: Ahrweiler (Kreis), Rheinland-Pfalz. I have changed it back to Alzey.
On 21 Feb 2018 at 14:55 GMT Hans Gerwitz wrote:
On 20 Feb 2018 at 19:03 GMT R Adams wrote:
I appreciate you cleaning up the various creative ways that I and others are writing our Find A Grave links.
I had an efficiency idea to reduce the number of goof-up that lazy sloppy persons such as moi are making.
Could you consider pulling some strings to get a proper template example for a FAG link added on the right hand side of the Profile Editing Pages?
I see there really is space for such an model link in the "Formatting Tips" area. I bet this would be one of the most heavily used "Formatting Tips" if the template were there where people like me could just nab it.
And thank you for all your work, I see it is not without controversy. This is all a work in progress. We learn as we go.
Kindest regards to the bot that never sleeps.
On 19 Feb 2018 at 23:49 GMT Lawrence Bailey wrote:
On 17 Feb 2018 at 16:23 GMT Isabelle Rassinot wrote:
Categorization project usually goes out of its way to coordinate with other projects. This was the error of an over-enthusiastic, faillible human being :-)
On 9 Feb 2018 at 03:28 GMT Myrtis Bishop wrote:
On 28 Jan 2018 at 17:17 GMT Aleš Trtnik wrote:
For additional info contact United kingdom project.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 07:13 GMT Ann (Oviatt) Dayan wrote:
It is spelled wrong under the second bullet in list bot actions (permanent actions)
On 26 Jan 2018 at 23:35 GMT R Adams wrote:
Thank you for all the British stickers. The design is very aesthetic. Nice touch!
On 30 Aug 2017 at 16:17 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
On 22 Jun 2017 at 16:19 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
On 22 Jun 2017 at 16:09 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote: