On 9 Mar 2015
The twelve foot tall statue we rededicated on January 10, 1999, was sculpted by Robert Paine in 1941 and was originally placed in Hollenbeck Park in East Los Angeles in 1944. Because of vandalism, the statue was moved to MacArthur Park in 1953, and then again to West Wilshire Recreation Center of Pan Pacific Park at the request of the Los Angles Council of the Jewish War Veterans of America, who paid all the relocation expenses.
To add a comment, please login.
In this image:
Uploaded: 9 Mar 2015 by Brenda Orr.
Comments: 1, WikiTree Popularity: 1.
Original digital image: 539 x 813 pixels.