Fanny, known as 'Fan' was the daughter of Frederick Adams and Eliza Hopkins. In 1905, she married John McHarg, engineer of Nelson, at the Church of Nativity. Fan had one known child, Samuel Frank, in her marriage. She died in 1966, age 87, and is buried at Linwood Cemetery, Christchurch.
On December 27, 1966, at 129 Colombo Street, Christchurch : Fanny (nee Adams) of Blenheim and Nelson, dearly beloved wife of the late John Mcharg (died August 4, 1966) and much loved mother of Frank (Christchurch) and Mary (Mrs F. F. Ryan, 11 Mana Avenue, Titahi Bay, Wellington) also loved mother-in-law of Brenda and Fred, and dearly loved gran of Samuel and John McHarg, Trevor and Alan Ryan also loved grandmother-in-law of Norma and great-grandmother of Nicholas : in her 88th year.
- marlborough museum archive
- heritage.christchurchcity.libraries.com : christchurch cemetery search
- ancestry.com : nz electoral rolls
- canterburyphotography.blogspot.com : images with consent
Thanks to Faye Whitfield for starting this profile.
Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Faye and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Fanny's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 5 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Fanny is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 34 degrees from Ayn Rand, 27 degrees from Peter Roberts and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.