- Nathaniel Adams's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
William Adams was at Cambridge 1635 or earlier; freeman 22 May 1639; removed to Ipswich, probably before 1642. Sons Nathaniel and William were born at Cambridge, his son Samuel was probably born in England. (p. 1) 
His son Nathaniel was born about 1641, married June 30, 1668, Mercy, (p. 2) daughter of Thomas and Jennet Dickinson of Rowley. Mercy was born during the 8th month of 1646. (p. 69) (p. 19; p. 133) 
- 1667: Nathaniel Adams, among other "freed from working on the common highway for seven years to come" upon consideration of their building a bridge over the river at their own expense. (p. 694) 
- 1674: May 27: Freeman of Massachusetts (p. 13) 
- 1700-1: March: Nathaniel Adams Sr. appointed Tithing man. (p. 5)
Mr. NATHANIEL ADDAMS DIED: APRIL Ye 11 1715 In Ye 74 YEAR OF HIS AGE:
NOW HES GON TO ETRNALL REST GOD WIL HIM SAFLY KEEP ALL THOUGH HES BURIED IN YE DUST IN JESUS HE DOST SLEEP. OH YOU HIS CHILDREN THAT ARE LEFT I PRAY. LET SOME BE FOUND THAT DO ENDEAVOUR TO MAKE GOOD YOUR FOREGON, LEADERS GROUND GRAVE SAINT BEHIND THAT CANNOT FIND THY OLD LOVE NIGHT, "NOR MORN PRAY LOOK ABOVE FOR THERS YOUR LOVE SINGING WITH YE FIRST BORN 
His wife Mercy died December 12, 1735. (p. 12)
Mercy/Marcie, born March 18, 1678; died September 11, 1733; married first John Smith on February 4, 1703; married second September 18, 1716, Arthur Abbot of Ipswich. (p. 2)  (p. 15; p. 18; p. 398; p. 476) 
- Births, Marriages, Deaths
DICKENSON, Mercy, and Nathaniell Addams, June 30, 1668. CTR (p. 133)
ADDAMS, Nathaniell, and Mercy Dickenson, June 30, 1668. CTR (p. 19)
Adams, Nathaniell, and Abigall, Jan. ––, 1693. (p. 18)
Adams, Mercy, and John Smith, Feb. 4, 1702-3.* (p. 18)
Smith, Mercy [wid. int.], and Auther Abbet, Sept. 16, 1716. CR5* (p. 398)
Adams, Samuel, and Mary Burley, int. Sept. 28, 1706. (p. 18)
ADDAMS (Adams), Nathaniel, Apr. 11, 1715, in his 73d y. GR1. (p. 477)
Adams, Mercy, d. Nathaniell, June 13, 1674. CTR (p. 477)
Adams, Nathaniel, Aug. 31, 1736. (p. 477)
Adams, Samuel, Aug. 13, 1747. (p. 476)
Adams, Thomas, Oct. 24, 1729. (p. 477)
Abbot, Mercy, w. Arthur, Sept. 11, 1733. (p. 476)
Mercy, d. Nathaniell, Apr. 1, 1674. CTR (p. 15)
Marcie, d. Nathaniell, Mar. 18, 1678. CTR (p. 15)
Thomas, s. Nathaniell, June 14, 1672. CTR (p. 15)
William, s. Nathaniell, June ––, 1678. CTR (p. 15) Vital Records of Ipswich, MA to the end of the year 1849, The Essex Institue, Salem, 1910</ref>
- See also: New England Marriages
ADAMS, Nathaniel ( -1693+) & Mercy DICKINSON ; 30 Jun 1688; Ipswich (p. 5)
Fairfield, Walter & 1/wf Sarah Adams (1675 - ); b. 1696; Ipswich. (p. 257)
Adams, Thomas (1672-1729) & Bethiah [Blanchard ?] b. 1694; Ipswich. ( p. 6) 
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Some descendants of William Adams of Ipswich, Mass. by W.S. Appleton, David Clapp & Son, Boston 1881
- ↑ Essex Institute Historical Collections, Volume 21, Essex Institute Press, 1884
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Vital Records of Ipswich, MA to the end of the year 1849, The Essex Institue, Salem, 1910
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ipswich in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, Thomas Franklin Waters, Sarah Goodhue, John Wise, Ipswich HistoricalSsociety, 1917
- ↑ Find A Grave Memorial# 38221663
- ↑ A Family Record of Dr. Samuel Adams, United Empire Loyalist of Vermont and Upper Canada: The First Five Generations Descending from William Adams of Ipswich (1594-1661) and the Descendants of Dr. Samuel Adams of Arlington, (1730-1810), R.T. Adams, 1995
- ↑ Walkers through history: with female lines of Quinn, Kilton, Lovell, Lamson, Dean, Tidd, Fuller, a bit about Leonard, and a few others, Anne Walker Cassidy, 1997
- ↑ New England Marriages Prior to 1700 By Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Nathaniel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Al Adams, Chris Hoyt, and Barbara M. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Nathaniel is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Bob Dylan, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 18 degrees from Michael Phelps and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.