- Marj Adams's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Marjorie was born in 1941 at a hospital in Salisbury, Maryland of father Burl Adams and Christine Baker who were living in Selbyville, Baltimore Hundred, Sussex Co. Delaware, situated right at the border of Maryland. She married Tom R. Green in Columbus, Ohio. but continues to use her maiden name, Adams . Marjorie "Marj" Adams worked for 25 years as a teacher and university librarian and has been doing genealogy for 15+ yrs.-- first her paternal Adams-Williams-Martin-Skelton line and then her maternal Baker-LONG-Murray family. Now she is working on the family of her husband, Tom Green. She has hit a brick wall at the parents of Ira Green, Tom's 2 grgrfa, found in Franklin Co. OH in 1842 (marriage record). At this point ancestors of Ira are speculative with FTDNA Green close matches all from the deep south. She has searched for records in those lines and with others in the FF-Green group has determined that the common ancestor is probably William from Baltimore Co. MD in the 1700s.
She is committed to ACCURACY and believes that without recorded SOURCES, which give credit to others and help to resolve conflicting information, genealogy trees are for naught.
1. Marj Adams was the genealogist behind the name Tom Green when she joined wiki tree in July 2014 as Green-11245 . One of Wiki Tree leaders suggested she separate the profiles of Tom Green and Marj Adams - completed Aug 2015, new profile # assigned.
2. Marj adopted hundreds of orphaned profiles originally created by John W. LONG, Sr. [Long-4099] a former, prolific WikiTree member who cited her Ancestry.com, "Delmarvalous Ancestors", tree in many of bios he entered. The format he used is unusual and she continues to bring it into compliance with WT style.
- Marj's formal name
- full middle name (E.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Marj is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- to hear what's new
- maternal lines Long, Murray, Baker, McCabe here 1775 when DE MD borders were finalized. Born here.
- surname of hubby, Tom Green. See for DNA testing info (Thomas R)
- alternate spelling, often a New England family
- Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia was home of maternal lines
- one maternal line with many spellings: McCape, McKeebie
- my Winter, dePue connections; hubby's Van Benshoten
- Baltimore Co., MD (pre-1800),
- area of interest
- for information
- main interest
- on this side of the pond, my maternal lines began here
Marj Adams's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Marj or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Marj Adams: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test, haplogroup 14a, FTDNA kit #440378
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Marj. (Best for comments to Marj that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Marj that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 20 Feb 2017 at 15:31 GMT Carole Taylor wrote:
On 31 Jan 2017 at 19:37 GMT Abby (Brown) Glann wrote:
On 25 Jan 2017 at 22:21 GMT Nae (Lockhart) X wrote:
ifthese arent open plz do so
On 20 Jan 2017 at 20:50 GMT Elisa Mayfield wrote:
Thanks for the note on Ann Willis-1049. I appreciate all the help and collaboration here on WikiTree.
On 12 Jan 2017 at 18:17 GMT Julie (Fiscus) Ricketts wrote:
I saw that you're having trouble getting the merge for Aydelott-61 to go through. Every now and then, a merge gets stuck like that. If you post a note in G2G using the tag SYSOPS, one of the team can pop in and unstick it for you. :-)
Julie, WikiTree Ranger
On 6 Jan 2017 at 01:41 GMT Paula J wrote:
The owner of this website told us to use the location finder so it is most definitely approved by WikiTree.
Please do not make any more changes to Green/Greene profiles that are managed by Southern Colonies project without first contacting me as project leader. I have written your mentor who will assist you with this.
Paula , Leader of Southern Colonies
On 30 Dec 2016 at 02:45 GMT Janis (Head) Reasnor wrote:
On 24 Dec 2016 at 23:23 GMT Linda Plummer wrote:
On 24 Dec 2016 at 23:20 GMT Linda Plummer wrote:
On 24 Dec 2016 at 16:43 GMT Linda Plummer wrote: