- Marj Adams's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Marjorie was born in 1941 at a hospital in Salisbury, Maryland of father Burl Adams and Christine Baker who were living in Selbyville, Baltimore Hundred, Sussex Co. Delaware, situated right at the border of Maryland. She married Tom R. Green in Columbus, Ohio. but continues to use her maiden name, Adams . Marjorie "Marj" Adams worked for 25 years as a teacher and university librarian and has been doing genealogy for 15+ yrs.-- first her paternal Adams-Williams-Martin-Skelton line and then her maternal Baker-LONG-Murray family. Now she is working on the family of her husband, Tom Green. She thinks she may have cracked the brick wall there with finding marriage and census records for Edward Green and Elizabeth Craun, possible parents of Ira Green, Tom's proved 2 grgrfa, Franklin Co. OH, 1842 (marriage record). At this point the Green ancestors of Ira are speculative with FTDNA Green close matches all from the deep south. She has searched for records in those lines and with others in the FF-Green group has determined that the common ancestor may be William from Baltimore Co. MD in the 1700s.
She is committed to ACCURACY and believes that without recorded SOURCES, which give credit to others and help to resolve conflicting information, genealogy trees are for naught.
1. Marj Adams was the genealogist behind the name Tom Green when she joined wiki tree in July 2014 as Green-11245 . One of Wiki Tree leaders suggested she separate the profiles of Tom Green and Marj Adams - completed Aug 2015, new profile # assigned.
2. Marj adopted hundreds of orphaned profiles originally created by John W. LONG, Sr. [Long-4099] a former, prolific WikiTree member who cited her Ancestry.com, "Delmarvalous Ancestors", tree in many of bios he entered. The format he used is unusual and she continues to bring it into compliance with WT style.
- Marj's formal name
- full middle name (E.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Marj is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- to hear what's new
- maternal lines Long, Murray, Baker, McCabe here 1775 when DE MD borders were finalized. Born here.
- surname of hubby, Tom Green. See for DNA testing info (Thomas R)
- alternate spelling, often a New England family
- Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia was home of maternal lines
- one maternal line with many spellings: McCape, McKeebie
- my Winter, dePue connections; hubby's Van Benshoten
- Baltimore Co., MD (pre-1800),
- area of interest
- for information
- main interest
- on this side of the pond, my maternal lines began here
Marj Adams's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Marj or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Marj Adams: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test, haplogroup 14a, FTDNA kit #440378
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Marj. (Best for comments to Marj that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Marj that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 26 Mar 2017 at 01:31 GMT Dwight Petersen wrote:
On 24 Mar 2017 at 00:34 GMT David Douglass wrote:
I posted a couple of sources and an image of a birth index record for John McCabe on his profile. They may help with your ongoing research.
On 23 Mar 2017 at 22:36 GMT David Douglass wrote:
I've got some profiles that need work too, especially some that I adopted. Sometimes if I am having trouble finding sources I document my efforts and try not to make changes that I can not support. Sometimes we just can't find a source and so don't make any changes. As Wikitree genealogists we try to limit the guesswork. Cheers
On 23 Mar 2017 at 04:18 GMT David Douglass wrote:
You recently made an edit to the profile of John McCabe in which you changed his birthplace from Colony of New York to Colony of New Jersey. To support this change you indicated the edit was made based on "research of Marjorie Adams in progress, on Ancestry.com" Because you are an arborist I am confident that you are aware of the need for documentation and evidence that contains clear evidence to support such a change. Perhaps your Ancestry.com documentation/sources doindicate such a change was warranted however your documentation in this profile does not. Perhaps if you were to also document your evidence in this Wikitree profile it might support the change you made.
On 22 Mar 2017 at 17:55 GMT Rev Daniel Washburn Jones wrote:
Thank you for responding to my question below .... you wrote:
"I was trying to provide birth locations to distinguish the many John Bakers with none. Certain status made sense to me."
I am confident that your intentions are good, but a solid source confirming this info is needed in order to mark it "Certain" ... even if his father (none shown), and the son were shown as from England, this would not make it "Certain" ... highly probable, but not certain.
You also stated:
"I have now removed certain status"
I waited over an hour after you posted this and it still wasn't done, so I have made the correction.
Please don't misunderstand, I really appreciate what you are trying to do.
On 21 Mar 2017 at 21:25 GMT Rev Daniel Washburn Jones wrote:
Out of curiosity, how does his son being b. in Lincolnshire, make it "Certain" that he was born in England?
On 14 Mar 2017 at 04:27 GMT Shirley (Haile) McGee Ms. wrote:
On 13 Mar 2017 at 00:58 GMT Shirley (Haile) McGee Ms. wrote:
On 9 Mar 2017 at 16:10 GMT David Douglass wrote:
On 9 Mar 2017 at 15:34 GMT David Douglass wrote: