- Eva (Adams) Blackwell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
David Allen was also living at the same address. This proves that Eva Adams, who had lived with the Drapers since she was at least 4 years of age, is the correct person, and that Ann Maria (Maria ) Draper was Ann Maria Allen, the sister of Evangaline's mother Sarah Allen.
Witnesses to Evangaline and William's marriage were Beatrice Adams and Henry Garwood. Maria Beatrice also recorded as Beatrice Maria Adams was Evangaline's sister who later married Henry Garwood in 1891.
In 1871, Eva's mother, Sarah, was living with her parents and there is no mention of her husband Frederick Adams. She has two children living with her at this time the youngest is Beatrice who was 4 months old at that time. In 1881 Frederick Adams living in Nottinghamshire, occupation is pilot guard (rail). At the same census there is a housekeeper, Ann Wallis and her son Augustus Wallis and 10 children recorded with the surname Adams. All are listed as Frederick's sons and daughters. These 10 children include the two who had been living with Sarah in 1871, but there is no mention of a wife, although Frederick's marital status is recorded as married and the youngest child recorded is only 2 years of age. I have found a Sarah Adams who died in 1879 in Shardlow, Derbyshire.
I have now discovered that Eva's father Frederick Augustus Adams married Sarah Allen and they had 6 children of which Evangaline was the eldest. Sarah died when her youngest child was about 1 year old, in 1879. One year later, in 1880, Frederick married a widow, Elizabeth Fritchley (Choulenter) who had 6 children of her own, including a set of twins. It is possible that within a year of their marriage Elizabeth was placed in a lunatic asylum and that is why Frederick had a housekeeper to assist with the children. By 1891, Elizabeth is living with her husband and family at Ashton under Lyne, Cheshire, England. In 1901 Elizabeth is staying with her daughter Ellen Jane Wheeldon (Fritchley) in Long Eaton, Derbyshire, England. I have been unable to find Frederic Augustus Adams in the 1901 census. Frederick is listed as a widow at the 1911 Census and he is living with his son Frederick Allen Adams in Dukinfield, Lancashire, England.
It would appear that Sarah's sister Maria Draper took charge of Evangaline's upbringing before 1871. It appears that Thomas and Maria Draper had no children of their own.
- *England, Birth Certificate (See place of birth), Long Buckby, Northamptonshire June Qtr 1867, p. Vol 3b page 114, Evangaline Adams;
- England and Wales, death certificate for Eva Blackwell, died 17 May 1892; citing 3b /79/424, June quarter 1892, Wellingborough registration district, Higham Ferrers sub-district; General Register Office, Southport;
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Eva's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Eva is 41 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 63 degrees from Domingo Ghirardelli, 44 degrees from Ronel Olivier, 50 degrees from Rosa Parks and 33 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.