- Avis (Adams) Mowry's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
According to the 1860 US Census, Avis M. Adams, age 13, was living in Blackstone, Worcester, Massachusetts with her father George Adams, age 37, what is presumably her mother, Ann B. Adams, and four siblings.
Avis M. Adams married Charles M. Mowry on July 3, 1864 according to the records of Blackstone, Worcester, Massachusetts. The entry contains the notation "married in Pawtucket".
She appears in the 1880 US Census, living in Blackstone with her husband and six children: Charles, 15; Etta, 11; Anna, 8; Emma, 5; Ernest, 3; and Daniel, 0. 
Her son Ernest was killed in a railroad accident is 1893 and Avis is listed as his mother, born in Central Falls, Providence, Rhode Island.
By 1900, the family had moved to Cumberland, Providence, Rhode Island.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "United States Census, 1860", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZCS-YL4 : 30 December 2015), Avis M Adams in entry for George N Adams, 1860.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FHPQ-V42 : 13 July 2016), Charles M. Mowry and Avis M. Adams, 03 Jul 1864; citing Marriage, Blackstone, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States, , town clerk offices, Massachusetts; FHL microfilm 2,108,275.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "United States Census, 1880," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MHF3-ZBM : 11 August 2016), Avis M Mowry in household of Charles M Mowry, Blackstone, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States; citing enumeration district ED 841, sheet 291C, NARA microfilm publication T9 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.), roll 0564; FHL microfilm 1,254,564.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NWZT-X13 : 10 December 2014), Avis M. Adams in entry for Ernest E. Mowry, 02 Nov 1893; citing Blackstone, Massachusetts, v 438 p 576, State Archives, Boston; FHL microfilm 961,511.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "United States Census, 1900," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9W9-NVY : accessed 9 January 2017), Avis Mowry in household of Charles Mowry, Cumberland town, Providence, Rhode Island, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 123, sheet 17B, family 361, NARA microfilm publication T623 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1972.); FHL microfilm 1,241,510.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Rhode Island Deaths and Burials, 1802-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F8H6-47X : 6 December 2014), Avis Minerva Mowry, 05 Feb 1938; citing Cumberland, Rhode Island, reference Cn 1; FHL microfilm 1,954,622.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Find A Grave Memorial# 57071022
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Avis by comparing test results with other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Avis:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Avis is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Domingo Ghirardelli, 27 degrees from Ronel Olivier, 31 degrees from Rosa Parks and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.