- Mary (Allen) Rogers's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Mary Brownson Allen. Birth: 1775 Andover Essex County Massachusetts, USA Death: Aug. 28, 1852 Grafton Ontario, Canada
Daughter of Ethan Allen and Mary Bronson/Brownson. After Ethan's death his second wife Frances wrote Mary Ann of his death to prevent her from inheriting any of her fathers 100,000 plus acres of land.
Col James Rogers and Ethan Allen were co-conspirators of the Vermont Negotiations and James and Mary met many times while their fathers were conspiring.
A cousin also wrote me telling me about her grandson, James Harrison Rogers donating Ethan Allen's gun to the River Falls Historical Society claiming his it was handed down from Ethan to his grandmother Mary Ann who asserted Ethan was her father. The Ethan Allen Homestead believes Fanny Allen's lie but this grave and Ethan's grave hold the DNA evidance.
- Family links:
- Ethan Allen (1738 - 1789)
- Mary Brownson Allen (1732 - 1783)
- James McGregor Rogers (1764 - 1841)*
- Timothy Rogers (1799 - 1875)*
- Annie Wilmot Rogers (1820 - 1878)*
- Mary Allen (1763 - 1783)*
- Joseph Ethan Allen (1765 - 1777)*
- Lucy Caroline Allen Hitchcock (1768 - 1842)*
- Mary Ann Allen Rogers (1775 - 1852)
- Frances Margaret Allen (1784 - 1819)**
- Hannibal Montresor Allen (1787 - 1813)**
- Ethan Alphonso Allen (1789 - 1855)**
- Calculated relationship (*)
- Half-sibling (**)
- Saint George's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Grafton, Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada
- Created by: Bill Gorman
- Record added: Oct 31, 2011
- Find A Grave Memorial# 79616496
- Anonymous Anonymous, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Anonymous and others.
- Thank you to Barry Meadows for creating Unknown-218498 on 21 Nov 13. Click the Changes tab for the details on contributions by Barry and others.
- Entered by Barry Meadows, Thursday, November 21, 2013.
- Entered by Anonymous Anonymous, Jul 19, 2012
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ron Pearson and Barry Meadows. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 30 Jul 2016 at 12:54 GMT Shane (Anonymous) Murphy wrote:
On 29 Jul 2016 at 15:14 GMT Scott Fulkerson wrote:
On 25 Jul 2015 at 22:57 GMT Robert Bailey wrote:
On 11 Jun 2015 at 14:19 GMT Gerald Smith wrote:
On 11 Jun 2015 at 14:17 GMT Gerald Smith wrote:
On 26 Jun 2010 at 16:33 GMT Kay (Stoddard) Fordham wrote:
On 12 May 2010 at 23:52 GMT Patrick (X) Byers-Smith wrote:
Daughter: Elisabeth Ann Baum Born 5 January, 1840 in Three Rivers, Mich. Died 1927, Sandpoint, Idaho. Husband Charles Demetrius Smith Born 11 March 1834 neary Albany NY Died in 1889 near Bangor, S.D.
Son: Albert Henry Smith Born 22 April, 1872 near Waterloo, Iowa. Died Oct. 9, 1933. Married 2 Dec, 1905 to Ida Lydia Rieke. Born 13, Jan 1885. Died march 27, 1957. Sioux Falls, S.D.
Mary is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 15 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 18 degrees from David Selman and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.