Categories: American Revolution Veterans.Ira Allen was one of the Founding Fathers of St. Albans Vermont
Ira Allen was a founder of Vermont and a member of the Green Mountain Boys. Allen was the brother of Ethan Allen, an American Revolutionary leader who fought for Vermont's independence. From 1776 until 1777, Allen was a member of the Vermont Legislature. He is noted for designing the Great Seal of Vermont and the seal of the University of Vermont. Allen was also an author and wrote the following books: 1) The Natural and Political History of Vermont, (London, 1798) and 2) Statements Appended to the Olive Branch, (1807).
- Joslin, Joseph & Frisbie, Barnes & Ruggles, Frederick. A History of the Town of Poultney, Vermont, from its Settlement to the Year 1875 (Journal Printing Office, Pultney, VT, 1875) Page 199: on the death of his brother, Heber, he adopted Heber's son Heman.
- Ancestry Family Trees (Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com) Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=26867133&pid=755
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ira's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 2 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Ira is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 12 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 17 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 19 degrees from David Selman and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.