- Robert (Andrews) Andrewes of Normandy's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Came to England 1066 with William 1, and is believed to have fought in battle of Hastings as a knight. The family crest dates to the first crusade in 1099, as is indicated by inclusion of the "Saracen" head atop the crest on coat of arms. This image was symbolic of killing an enemy on this crusade. Is likely that it was his son Robert, who was then 22 years, on crusade. Robert Sr. was then 54 yeas old, a fairly advanced age in those days. We do know that this coat of arms was used by this family for at least 600 years as it was chiseled into the entry portal at Winwick Manor, then family seat again. by Sir Thomas Andrews, of Winwick Knight, around 1635; and still can be seen there today. THE BARONETAGE OF ENGLAND,CP.103, VOL 1, E.KIMBER and R.JOHNSON, 1811. HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH BARONETS, REV. WILLIAM BETHAM, VOL. 1, CHP. 84 ,1801. THE ANDREWS FAMILY, APPENDIX PG.541. ROBERT ANDREWS,1887. 
- WikiTree profile Andrewes of Normandy knight-1 created through the import of alfred- 1107202.GED on Jun 11, 2011 by Dick Andrews. See the of Normandy knight-1 Changes page for the details of edits by Dick and others.
- This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Douglas Green and Peter D Beattie. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 23 Sep 2015 at 17:25 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
Robert is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 35 degrees from Bob Dylan, 29 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Michael Phelps and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.