- Jim Angelo Jr's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: New Netherland Settlers Project.
I am retired and live in West Hartford, CT with my wife. My current interests include digital photography (mostly birds/wildlife/landscapes with DSLR equipment; also, scans of old prints using Photoshop), and family genealogy.
Some things I am keeping track of right now.
- A guide to categories for emigrant-immigrant ships
- G2G comment with examples of Navigation Templates
- Using free-space pages for sources
- New Sweden Project
- Typing Swedish Vowels
- Jim's formal name
- full middle name (J.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
Jim is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- My branch of the Angelo family descends from the NJ/PA New Sweden area in the late 17th/early 18th century.
- My maternal grandmother's name. Descended from John Dorsey Collins (NJ and NE) and Andrew T Collins (NJ & Ohio)
- My mother's birth name. Descended from Adam Epp who immigrated thru New Orleans, April 25, 1853 from Bann, Kaiserlautern, DE.
- Interested in New Netherland. Have multiple ancestors in several portions of New Netherland.
- Intested in the New Sweden project. Trace to at least 11 of the "forefathers".
- My paternal grandmother's name. Descendant of James Matthew Nichols of Girvan, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Mississippi Branch - my wife's paternal side
- Vesta Thayer is a third great-grandmother. Need to get the correct line back to one of the Thayer immigrants.
- East Texas branch - my wife's maternal side
Jim Angelo's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Jim or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Jim:
- Jim Angelo: Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T680636, FTDNA kit #620889
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Jim. (Best for comments to Jim that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Jim that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 1 Feb 2017 at 11:22 GMT Carrie Quackenbush wrote:
Welcome to the New Netherland Settlers Project. Please visit our FAQ and feel free to ask any questions you may have. If you're looking for your ancestors that might already be on Wikitree, check out our Immigrants and Progenitors page, though it is not quite complete and does not reflect all of the profiles that already exist.
On 18 Jan 2017 at 11:18 GMT Geneadiva (Tull) Mere wrote:
On 29 Dec 2016 at 00:28 GMT Christine Henderson wrote:
On 27 Sep 2016 at 16:14 GMT H Husted wrote:
On 22 Aug 2016 at 11:44 GMT Ellen Smith wrote:
On 22 May 2016 at 22:30 GMT H Husted wrote:
On 22 May 2016 at 17:18 GMT H Husted wrote:
On 16 Apr 2016 at 03:57 GMT H Husted wrote:
On 6 Apr 2016 at 09:32 GMT H Husted wrote:
On 26 Jul 2015 at 01:25 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
Now that you have had a little time to try WikiTree, here are a few more features you may find useful (links work from your profile page):
- Find recommended profile formats and tips on writing biographies.
- Use Free Space Profiles to describe things like events, heirlooms and locations.
- Read about our process for resolving situations with unresponsive profile managers.
If you have questions or problems with WikiTree, including with your GEDCOM, feel free to post a comment on my profile page or send me a private message.
Carole Partridge, WikiTree Mentor