Carmac (Anglicized to Charles) Annis, first appears in Newbury records on 15 May 1666 when he married Sarah Chase. He is said, by tradition, to have come from Enniskillen, Fermanagh, province of Ulster, Ireland, where he was born about 1638.Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts & Maine Families in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis., CD-ROM (CD version published 1998 by Broderbund, Novato, CA: original version published by Genealogical Publishing Co, Baltimore, MD, 1996), Vol.1:27</ref>
He settled in Newbury near his wife's family. He took the Oath of Allegiance in 1678 at the age of forty, and the Freeman's Oath in 1679. He was a soldier serving with Capt. Thomas Noyes in 1688. In that year his name appears on the tax rolls with a house and five acres of land. He died Dec. 19, 1717.
His will named his wife Sarah, his boy Malachi Edwards to his wife; his sons Joseph, Abraham, Isaac, daughters Sarah Bagley, Priscilla Godfrey, Anne Warthon and Hannah Weed; grandchildren Dorothy and Judith Warthon. Executrix: wife Sarah. Witnesses: Abraham Morrill, Thomas ffollams(bee), Sr. William Noyes. Dated May 1706, Proved Feb 15, 1717/18.
1. Sarah, b. Dec 23, 1666; m. as his second wife, int. March 25, 1704, Orlando Bagley of Amesbury.
2. Joseph, b. Augh 18, 1668. married Dorothy Osgood, dau of Christoper who mentioned her in his will. She d. in Newbury March 8,1740, and he died there August 12, 1758, aged ninety-two.
3. Aquila, b. June 4, 1670; a soldier under Capt. Thomas Noyes about 1688; d. s.p. bef 1718
4. A child, b. April 12, 1672; d. April 17, 1672.
5. Abraham, b. c 1674, probably at Newbury. A soldier at fourteen. Married by 1693 Hannah --?--. their deaths are not recorded.
6. Isaac, b. c1675 in Newbury. Married about 1700 Rebecca --?--, who survived him and married secondly Shimuel Griffin of Newbury Nov 6, 1716.
7. Priscilla, b. Nov 8, 1677; m. William Godfrey.
8. Hannah, b. Nov 15, 1679; m. (1) int. May 11, 1700, Thomas Worthen of Amesbury; m. (2) Jul 19 1704, Ephraim Weed. Dorothy and Judith Worthen, remembered in their grandfather Annis's will, were her children.
9. Anne, b. Dec 28 1681; m. George Worthen of Amesbury.
Marriage: "Curmac alias Chas Annis & Sarah Chase was marryed May 15th 1666."
Death: "Annis, Charls, Dec. 19, 1717."
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
There are no public comments yet.
Charles is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Cindy Lesure, 17 degrees from Bonnie Thornton and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.