- Isabel (Anthony) Potter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Isabel Anthony was born 1612 in Clerkenwell, St James London, Middlesex, England and died Sep 1643 in Warwick, Kent, Rhode Island. She married Robert Potter abt 1629 Rin Roxbury, Roxbury, Massachusetts to Robert Potter, 1610-1653. They had the following children together:
- Anthony Potter M 1628 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Potter F abt 1631 in Roxbury, Massachusetts
- Deliverance Potter F 1637 in Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island
- John Potter M 1639 in Warwick, Kent, Rhode Island
- Isabel Potter F abt 1639 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
- Robert Potter M 28 May 1639 in Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island
In 1643, Isabel died of exposure when the Massachusetts troops overstepped their bounds & arrested their husbands. "...their wives & children were forced to betake themselves to the woods & suffered hardships that resulted in the death o f 3 women, one of these being the wife of Robert Potter." This occurred in 1643. (From strattonhouse.com, Thayer and Burton Ancestry)
- Austin, John Osborne. The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island (1887)
- Austin, John Osborne. The Journal of William Jefferay, Gentleman (E. L. Freeman & Sons, 1899) Page 22: Records her death.
- Bentely, William Perry & Bentley, John Earle. Genealogy of One Branch of the Peckham Family of Newport and Westerly, R.I. (Dallas, 1957) Page 68
- Clarke, Louise Brownell. The Greenes of Rhode Island (Knickerbocker Press, New York, 1903) Page 65
- Edward Balfour
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isabel's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jack Wise, Rick Pierpont, and Rhonda Scoullar. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 14 Aug 2014 at 12:45 GMT Ann (Thompson) Johnson wrote:
Isabel is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from Bob Dylan, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 17 degrees from Michael Phelps and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.