- Rhys ap Hywel's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Cymru 742-1535.
Rhys ap Hywel was born in about 1200, in Glasbury, Breconshire, Wales, probably in Aberllynf. He was the son of Hywel ap Trahaearn ap Gwgon ap Bleddyn ap Maenyrch and his wife Gwenllian ferch Rhys ap Bledri Latimer ap Cydifor Fawr, and of the tribe of Bleddyn ap Maenyrch.
He married Catrin ferch Gruffudd "Gŵyr". The children listed by Bartrum are:
- Einion "Sais" ap Rhys, b. Abt 1230, of, Pen-pont, Llansbyddyd, Breconshire, Wales, d. Aft 1271 (Age ~ 42 years); m1. Unknown; m2. Lleucu ferch Hywel; m3. Gwenllian ferch Hywel
- Dafydd ap Rhys, b. Abt 1230, of, Aberllynfi, Breconshire, Wales; m1. Gwenllian ferch Hywel "Felyn"; m2. Catrin ferch Hywel
- Hywel "Morgannwg" ap Rhys, b. Abt 1230, of, Aberllynfi, Breconshire, Wales
- Gruffudd ap Rhys, b. Abt 1270, of, Aberllynfi, Breconshire, Wales; m. had issue
- possibly Caradog (pencilled in on Bartrum charts)
- ↑ Bartrum chart showing #children
- ↑ see Bleddyn ap Maenyrch 28 and Bleddyn ap Maenyrch 3
- ↑ Source: Ancestry Family Trees: Record for Catrin Verch Gruffudd Record for Rhys Ap Hywel Record for Dafydd Ap Rhys (Ancestry link)
- FamilySearch AFN: 49TM-64S, citing the following sources: BIRTH-MARRIAGE:"A HISTORY OF THE COUNTY OF BRECKNOCK", by Theophilus Jones, pub. in London, England, in 1805. LDS FHC microfilm #0990114, p. 249. BIRTH:"WELSH GENEALOGIES AD300-1400," by Peter Clement Bartrum, published by The University of Wales Press, 1980. BIRTH-MARRIAGE:HARLEY 2289, microfilm from The British Library, London, England.
- Carl Boyer, 3rd. Medieval Welsh Ancestors of Certain Americans. Santa Clarita, CA: n.p., 2004. [ ] , page 40</ref>
- The Bartrum Project (digitization of "Welsh Genealogies AD 300- 1500" by Peter C. Bartrum)
- Bleddyn ap Maenyrch 1:
- Rhys ap Hywel ap Trahaearn ap Gwgon ap Bleddyn ap Maenyrch (Trahaearn is brother of Cydifor)
- Gruffudd Gŵyr ap Cydifor ap Gwgon ap Bleddyn ap Maenyrch (Cydifor is brother of Trahaearn)
- Bleddyn ap Maenyrch 31: Gruffudd Gŵyr ap Cydifor married Catrin f. Sir Elidir ap Llywarch (Einion ap Llywarch 1; p 51)
- Bleddyn ap Maenyrch 3: Rhys ap Hywel of Aberllynfi married Catrin ferch Gruffudd Gŵyr
- Bleddyn ap Maenyrch 1:
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Rhys's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Vic Watt and David Rentschler. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 18 Apr 2016 at 16:48 GMT Matthew Jivin wrote:
On 17 Nov 2015 at 17:20 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Rhys is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 32 degrees from Bob Dylan, 26 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 24 degrees from Michael Phelps and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.