- Joseph Armitage's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Joseph was born around 1791 in Yorkshire.
Joseph presumably died some time between 1841 and 1851, as his wife appears without him as the head of household in the 1851 census.
Do you have information about Armitage? Please contribute to his biography. Everything on WikiTree is a collaborative work-in-progress.
- ↑ Based on his age in the 1841 census.
- His daughter Frances's marriage record
- 1841 England Census, Lockwood, Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England. (Ancestry subscription required)
Either of these marriage records could possibly be his:
- "England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V5VG-NLV : accessed 7 October 2015), Joseph Armitage and Martha Rowley, 01 Jul 1816; citing Saint Peter,Huddersfield,York,England, reference ; FHL microfilm 990,694, 990,965.
- "England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2JF-BP2 : accessed 7 October 2015), Joseph Armitage and Martha Crow, 28 Sep 1814; citing Almondbury,York,England, reference ; FHL microfilm 990,854.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Joseph by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Joseph:
- Lianne Lavoie : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F283742, FTDNA kit #283742
- Leonard Jackson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #321113
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Joseph is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 30 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 29 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 36 degrees from Ayn Rand and 27 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.