- Robert Aspall's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Keeper of the Peace for Suffolk
Forum post by mjcar on Medieval Genealogy forum:
- Sir Robert de Aspal, born circa 1274 ("aged 38" according to his uncle's IPM, 1312); held rent and land at Cowlinge, 1305-1306 (Suffolk Record Office, Iveagh MS HD1538/Vol 13/p 43/1-3), wherein he is called "Robert, son of Richard de Aspal"; nephew and heir of Roger de Aspal, of Kent and Suffolk: "order to the Escheator beyond Trent to deliver to Robert de Aspale, kinsman and heir of Roger de Aspale, tenant in chief, the lands late of the said Roger his uncle, he having done homage" (Calendar of Fine Rolls, 10 June 1312); "release by Ralph the Prior and the convent of the Holy Trinity by Alegate for £40 to Sir Robert de Aspale, knight, heir of Sir Roger de Aspale, lately deceased, of all their right in the houses in St Clement's Street, London, by Candlewick Street, which Sir Roger bequeathed to them by his will", dated Saturday the morrow of St Margaret, 7 Edward II [17 November 1313] (PRO E 40/1850); an executor of Alice, Countess of Norfolk; knight of the shire for Suffolk, 1327 (Knights of Edward I); a Justice in Eyre, Hampshire, 4 Edward III [1330-1] (PRO E 32/163); steward of Queen Isabel, 1334 (PRO SC 8/11/542); dead by 1349; married Alice Cressingham, daughter of Hugh de Cressingham [died 1297] (Complete Peerage, sub Tibetot; ODNB); "Sir Robert de Aspale and Dame Alice his wife" named in a feoffment of 27 May 1322 (Suffolk Record Office, HD1538/305/2); "Alice who was the wife of Robert de Aspale, knight, and Thomas their son v Humphrey, son and heir of John de Boys of Cowlinge", 22 Edward III [1348-9] (Suffolk Feet of Fines).
- ↑ Entered by Jonathon Dale Walter Myers.
- ↑ http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GEN-MEDIEVAL/2007-08/1188589642
- This person was created through the import of Martin_O_Daniels_Lorentz_Toale.ged on 21 March 2011.
- Thanks to Jonathon Dale Walter Myers for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Jonathon Dale Walter and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Need a pre-1500 cert person for merge Jan 24, 2017.
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Andrew Lancaster and Jonathon Myers. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 13 Dec 2016 at 11:44 GMT Andrew Lancaster wrote:
On 13 Dec 2016 at 11:41 GMT Andrew Lancaster wrote:
On 13 Dec 2016 at 11:32 GMT Andrew Lancaster wrote:
Robert is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 27 degrees from Ayn Rand, 24 degrees from Peter Roberts and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.